A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

Cost would be the biggest factor for my build. A set of these would easily set you back 20k. They’re bad ass and they work great, the gear boxes also multiply the gearing which is cool. But I’d buy another rig for 20k :)

I figured it had to be cost. If they truly are around 10k a pop, that puts it out of the realm of reality for most of us. At that point I'd just stick with my stock Dana 44 axles (with alloy shafts and lockers) and have fun with it the way it is.

Reactions: DA RUNT
I figured it had to be cost. If they truly are around 10k a pop, that puts it out of the realm of reality for most of us. At that point I'd just stick with my stock Dana 44 axles (with alloy shafts and lockers) and have fun with it the way it is.

Exactly, the juice isn’t worth the squeeze for me haha. That’s too much money for ground clearance and gearing. Again tho, that’s just for my budget. 4 wheeler magazine did a write up years ago, I can shoot you the link if ya like.

Exactly, the juice isn’t worth the squeeze for me haha. That’s too much money for ground clearance and gearing. Again tho, that’s just for my budget. 4 wheeler magazine did a write up years ago, I can shoot you the link if ya like.

Sure! If you have money coming out your ears, I could see how it would be cool. However, I don't think that 20k worth of axles is going to in all honesty give you that much better of a wheeling experience versus some stock built axles.

But still... if I ever when the lottery, I'll be sure to grab a pair!

Reactions: DA RUNT
The struggle is real guys... I just sold one of my higher end guitars (I have to many anyways) to fund the rest of the Jeep parts I need. I ordered the Currie Currectlync (which is currently on sale for an awesome price!), and I'm going to order up the 17" Vanco big brake kit, RCV front axle shafts, and Revolution USA made rear axle shafts. That should keep me safe on the 35s, and then the big re-gear to 5.38 will happen this Winter.

I'm clearly not wasting any time with this build, haha :p

The struggle is real guys... I just sold one of my higher end guitars (I have to many anyways) to fund the rest of the Jeep parts I need. I ordered the Currie Currectlync (which is currently on sale for an awesome price!), and I'm going to order up the 17" Vanco big brake kit, RCV front axle shafts, and Revolution USA made rear axle shafts. That should keep me safe on the 35s, and then the big re-gear to 5.38 will happen this Winter.

I can’t believe how fast it has come together hah. Didn’t you just buy it like 4 months ago? It makes me want to move a lot faster on mine, then I look at my bank account. So when you sell it in Jan what TJR color next? ;)

I can’t believe how fast it has come together hah. Didn’t you just buy it like 4 months ago? It makes me want to move a lot faster on mine, then I look at my bank account. So when you sell it in Jan what TJR color next? ;)

Haha, I did! But I had some money saved up when I bought this one, specifically set aside for mods, which definitely helped speed things along.

I was talking with @Starrs about this the other day, and the only way I would ever sell mine is if I found a TJ Rubicon that was either Inca Gold (very rare) or Sienna. However, I wouldn't do it without being able to swap my parts over.

The more I think about it though, I think at this point in my build, I could probably repaint mine for about the same cost / hassle it would be to swap my parts over to another Rubicon.

Reactions: Starrs and tomtaylz
Haha, I did! But I had some money saved up when I bought this one, specifically set aside for mods, which definitely helped speed things along.

I was talking with @Starrs about this the other day, and the only way I would ever sell mine is if I found a TJ Rubicon that was either Inca Gold (very rare) or Sienna. However, I wouldn't do it without being able to swap my parts over.

The more I think about it though, I think at this point in my build, I could probably repaint mine for about the same cost / hassle it would be to swap my parts over to another Rubicon.

I wouldn’t mind a unique non TJ color. The Ferrari blue AEV LJ that came up back in April was gorgeous. I wish I could almost borrow a LJR to try it out sometime, I feel I need the extra space even though I probably don’t. Still conflicted on that :D

Reactions: Starrs and Chris

Man, you are on fire! This is happening way too fast for my comfort and way too fast for your own good! All good parts, all good stuff, great work.

Portal axles, yes, expensive, yes, capable, they multiply the gearing, they are really something else, something we all think of in our head but don’t know how to accomplish. I have heard of them on a Jeep, but never seen them. Interesting concept. Always more to learn. I learned about them through my brother in law, who is into trucks

Reactions: Starrs and Chris
I wouldn’t mind a unique non TJ color. The Ferrari blue AEV LJ that came up back in April was gorgeous. I wish I could almost borrow a LJR to try it out sometime, I feel I need the extra space even though I probably don’t. Still conflicted on that :D

That was probably one of the best looking Wranglers I’ve ever seen. I’m so disappointed in @Starrs for not buying it!

Reactions: Starrs and tomtaylz
CF7C6902-6A82-443D-8DC9-D318749D5F8F.jpeg
D892148E-3781-4EBA-B4A8-BA31F6561D2B.jpeg
CE58C02F-57E1-4AB8-BF0E-432BEEE18BEB.jpeg
0DBF77C5-DB5B-46CC-80AC-53131784023E.jpeg
A6A1AA89-55E5-4A58-B2F4-5D4FF6C03C06.jpeg
That was probably one of the best looking Wranglers I’ve ever seen. I’m so disappointed in @Starrs for not buying it!
@Chris if it would had less than 60k miles it would be in my garage. It was gorgeous

Cross had one once that had around 42k miles but it was a black AEV LJR. Had similar seats and a hemi. Hard top, and sold I want to say high 30s.

That blue with the interior color just made it so much better though. Especially since that guy had to have spend 10k alone on that paint job... He did under the hood and everything!

Reactions: tomtaylz and Starrs