A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

Will the supercharger work with the LS your buying next year :risas3:

Haha. I don't really want to go the V8 route anymore because then I have to re-gear (again), find a suitable automatic transmission, get rid of the RubiCrawler, and then put in an Atlas.

In other words, it's a ton of work and money for some more horsepower that I could achieve with a supercharger.

Reactions: Alex01
Haha. I don't really want to go the V8 route anymore because then I have to re-gear (again), find a suitable automatic transmission, get rid of the RubiCrawler, and then put in an Atlas.

In other words, it's a ton of work and money for some more horsepower that I could achieve with a supercharger.

I call the rubicrawler and supercharger :D

Reactions: Chris
@Chris I saw on a different post that you at one time changed your 4.0 with a reman. I am not in need of one yet, but I was curious where you got yours from, and what kind of luck you had? I am getting up there on miles and would be scared to put a super charger on it the way it is, but if I put a new reman in I wouldn't hesitate.

@Chris I saw on a different post that you at one time changed your 4.0 with a reman. I am not in need of one yet, but I was curious where you got yours from, and what kind of luck you had? I am getting up there on miles and would be scared to put a super charger on it the way it is, but if I put a new reman in I wouldn't hesitate.

That was my XJ actually. I got the remanufactured engine from LKQ. I had to call them, but apparently they sell remanufactured engines.

4.0 205hp for my 98 is 3K Then add a supercharger. "Everybody has 3 mortgages nowadays!"

Haha... Ghostbusters.

The supercharger will give you close to 220hp at the wheels. It was a massive improvement on my old TJ. That thing got up and went, that's for sure.

I sold the supercharger to Blaine before I sold it and Blaine was apparently very, very impressed at the power from it.

Reactions: ac_
Haha... Ghostbusters.

The supercharger will give you close to 220hp at the wheels. It was a massive improvement on my old TJ. That thing got up and went, that's for sure.

I sold the supercharger to Blaine before I sold it and Blaine was apparently very, very impressed at the power from it.

I am not arguing that, but after taxes and small parts, it is probably worth more than the whole car.

Reactions: Chris
At this point the only thing that really has that mine doesn't is a supercharger, Recaros (which I don't actually want anyways, though they do look good!), and coilovers.

The suspension being installed in mine as we speak is much, much better than what's on that thing.
They did an awesome resto. I love the seats. Def putting something similar in my next one.

I am not arguing that, but after taxes and small parts, it is probably worth more than the whole car.

$3000 for a supercharger... even after taxes, how is that worth more than the whole car?

Are we talking about a Geo Metro?

$3000 for a supercharger... even after taxes, how is that worth more than the whole car?

Are we talking about a Geo Metro?
No 3000 for the engine, then add a super charger, and small parts and taxes. I know you guys don't have to pay sales tax but we pay just shy of 10 percent here depending on where you live in AZ.

No 3000 for the engine, then add a super charger, and small parts and taxes. I know you guys don't have to pay sales tax but we pay just shy of 10 percent here depending on where you live in AZ.

Ohhh, now I get what you're saying.

Yes, but if you're like me, you plan on taking this thing to the grave. It's still cheaper than buying a brand new JL Rubicon! ;)

Reactions: rasband and ac_
Ohhh, now I get what you're saying.

Yes, but if you're like me, you plan on taking this thing to the grave. It's still cheaper than buying a brand new JL Rubicon! ;)
Yeah but I wouldn't even consider that. If I had to buy something other than my TJ, I think I would rather have one of these

https://www.arielna.com/arielnomad/ or if I get stupid money