A Story of Indecision and Frivolous Spending

The JCR rear bumper came today. I have to say, I’m very impressed! It came powder coated without a single mark anywhere on it, the welds look awesome, and it’s a very stout bumper.

@techster82, seems like maybe you had a bad experience with JCR? I can’t say the same. I inspected all the welds and they are top notch. Sounds like maybe they fired whoever welded your bumpers.

5057A7FF-6E6B-4AA6-8202-70A30D188A17.jpeg
107A1272-3690-4425-AB9E-905EE9BFF466.jpeg
FC33F88A-EC0B-4AF0-9127-F76A17615BB7.jpeg
E6F559C5-41B9-4726-8E7A-F1211AAB590C.jpeg
641981B7-B5B9-4287-92E5-A75E27BDC79D.jpeg
0B689C4E-85DA-4899-96FD-645F8926C8D1.jpeg
22BEF759-6B03-43DE-911B-4325BEC1A34A.jpeg

Bumper looks good! I see one small, minor possible issue. If you plan to tow something with that bumper, they didn't put tabs on the receiver hitch for safety chain attachment. You'll have to figure out a way to attach some chains to the bumper.

Bumper looks good! I see one small, minor possible issue. If you plan to tow something with that bumper, they didn't put tabs on the receiver hitch for safety chain attachment. You'll have to figure out a way to attach some chains to the bumper.

Interesting, I didn't know that, but then again, I haven't towed anything before. I'll have to figure something out, perhaps something that ties into the frame where the chains could hook to.

The front bumper is supposed to be here Tuesday. I'm impressed with the quality of these bumpers. I like that both the front and rear have room for LED cubes. That should come in handy!

The JCR rear bumper came today. I have to say, I’m very impressed! It came powder coated without a single mark anywhere on it, the welds look awesome, and it’s a very stout bumper.

@techster82, seems like maybe you had a bad experience with JCR? I can’t say the same. I inspected all the welds and they are top notch. Sounds like maybe they fired whoever welded your bumpers.

View attachment 60187 View attachment 60189 View attachment 60190 View attachment 60191 View attachment 60192 View attachment 60193 View attachment 60194

Those welds aren’t bad, nice bead placement [emoji24] but nice bumper I’m diggin it man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Nice bumpers @Chris. How heavy are those again? Powdercoating looks good and I like the holes for the additional lights.

The tabs @bobthetj03 is talking about looks like this (see where the chains connect to):

IMG_2263.JPG

This is @glwood's photo of his Dirtworx (same as mine) .. see the tab with holes near the hitch reciever:

20151020_124018.jpg

For the hitch mounted cargo carrier that you use, I don't think it makes any difference not having it. For hauling heavier stuff it would be good to have so that you can attach chains for a second layer of safety in case the coupler fails.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fouledplugs
Interesting, I didn't know that, but then again, I haven't towed anything before. I'll have to figure something out, perhaps something that ties into the frame where the chains could hook to.

The front bumper is supposed to be here Tuesday. I'm impressed with the quality of these bumpers. I like that both the front and rear have room for LED cubes. That should come in handy!
Have you found cube lights yet? Glad you bought this bumpers so I don’t have to do any homework. Make sure to post a very detailed install, with video would be nice.:cool:
When I order mine I’m going to ask if they will weld on the chain tabs.

Reactions: tomtaylz
You could use the D ring mounts to attach safety chains. You may just need to make some extensions for the extra distance.

Reactions: Chris
Have you found cube lights yet? Glad you bought this bumpers so I don’t have to do any homework. Make sure to post a very detailed install, with video would be nice.:cool:
When I order mine I’m going to ask if they will weld on the chain tabs.

Not yet, but now that the bumpers are here I'm going to look for some!

I could do an install video, but installing bumpers (any bumpers) is about the simplest thing ever... it's always just 4-6 bolts and you're done. Not much to it really!

You could use the D ring mounts to attach safety chains. You may just need to make some extensions for the extra distance.

Good idea. If I ever tow something, I'll consider this. For now I wanted the receiver hitch so I could mount a cargo basket on the back!

That should be really cool to have all that flex... you know, if I ever get the Jeep back :p

When you eventually pick it up let's go to Hair of the Dog again and drink couple of those high ABV% beers in celebration. You would have deserved it after all the wait for sure.

Reactions: JMT and Chris
When you eventually pick it up let's go to Hair of the Dog again and drink couple of those high ABV% beers in celebration. You would have deserved it after all the wait for sure.

Sounds good to me! First thing I'm going to do when I get it back is find somewhere to go flex it out on!

I'm actually just as anxious about hearing about yours, only because I really want to know what the vibration is!

Reactions: Fouledplugs
So I decided to try these things out for the front and rear JCR bumpers:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FHP2E8S/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The provisions in JCR bumpers allow for a 3” x 3” light, and these seem to fit the bill, not to mention they have a lot of good reviews.

For the rears, I’ll have to wire up a switch so that I can activate them when I want. I thought about wiring them to the reverse lights, but truthfully I think I would like it more if I could activate them whenever I please.

As for the fronts, those will just get wired to the factory fog light harness.

The JCR front bumper arrived today.

I'm really impressed with JCR. Both bumpers arrived extremely well packaged in the boxes with no damage whatsoever to the powder coat finish. In addition, the welds on the bumper look great, and overall, the quality looks superb. We'll see how they fit, but assuming they fit okay, my experience with JCR is the exact opposite of the one @techster82 was saying he had with them.

Now if I could only find a hawse fairlead that actually covered that entire space. The one I have sits offset to the right and leaves an extra bolt hole on the left, which is messing with my OCD.

IMG_2137.JPG
IMG_2138.JPG
IMG_2139.JPG
IMG_2140.JPG

Reactions: Squatch and rasband

I'm really impressed with JCR. Both bumpers arrived extremely well packaged in the boxes with no damage whatsoever to the powder coat finish. In addition, the welds on the bumper look great, and overall, the quality looks superb. We'll see how they fit, but assuming they fit okay, my experience with JCR is the exact opposite of the one @techster82 was saying he had with them.

Now if I could only find a hawse fairlead that actually covered that entire space. The one I have sits offset to the right and leaves an extra bolt hole on the left, which is messing with my OCD.

View attachment 60876 View attachment 60877 View attachment 60878 View attachment 60879
Usually not a fan of stingers. Curious to see it mounted up.

Usually not a fan of stingers. Curious to see it mounted up.

I don't care for stingers either, but this one was small enough that I didn't mind. I hate the big, tall ones.

It looks pretty good on the JCR TJ:

SWBFV-TJ-0-PC-JCR.jpg

Reactions: JMT

View attachment 60876 View attachment 60877 View attachment 60878 View attachment 60879

Now you just need a Jeep