AC not working

brodyrife

When my tj was in the shop last it had the ac recharged and it was working good. Previously before that the ac clutch was changed because it was making an awful noice. Now my Ac blows straight hot air. I just did a new ac clutch relay hoping that would help but it still only now blows hot air like it’s not working at all. The compressor cycles like how it was when it was working so I don’t know why it’s not working at all now. If anyone has any idea anything is appreciated. Thanks!

You need a set of gauges to see what the system is doing. If you had to have it recharged it has to have a leak in system ! Refrigerant could have leaked out again, but without refrigerant the compressor would not be cycling !!!! Do this, with engine running and AC on put your hand on AC accumulator, it should be cold to touch if system is working. Accumulator is on firewall by battery, AC lines going in and out. If it's cold and hot air blowing out of vents then you have a blend air door problem. If the accumulator is warm to cool then you probably need to find leak and recharge system . Hopes this helps,