Adjustable rear control arms

Nutro

Supporting Member
So! This LJ I just got had a 3" or 4" lift on it and replacement non-adjustable lower control arms on it. I installed an AA SYE with Tom Woods front and rear shafts. I also went with the Barnes 4wd bolt up skid which I think raised everything about an inch. I have vibes while driving so I need to get some arms. I cannot afford fancy and I cannot afford to do all of them. Im looking at the JKS rear single adjustable. Is it ok to just run the rear lowers now to adjust the pinion? I am also going to get the JKS rear track-bar and angled bracket. Hopefully this combo cures these vibes.

Edit: I thought about it and realized I said lowers but I meant uppers as Jerry outlined below.

Last edited:
If you're only buying one pair of adjustable length control arms get the uppers. Lengthening them to raise the pinion angle also moves the axle rearward to counteract the suspension lift moving the rear axle forward.

Lengthening only the uppers creates the risk of pushing the diff cover into the gas tank skid at full shock compression as a result of changing the wheelbase. This why it is recommended to use both upper and lower adjustable control arms, so that one can adjust the pinon without changing the wheelbase.

Lengthening only the uppers creates the risk of pushing the diff cover into the gas tank skid at full shock compression as a result of changing the wheelbase. This why it is recommended to use both upper and lower adjustable control arms, so that one can adjust the pinon without changing the wheelbase.

Believe this is an LJ so hopefully more room between differential and gas tank. I'm in the same boat with an LJ and would appreciate anyone's experience with just an upper adjustable change.

Believe this is an LJ so hopefully more room between differential and gas tank. I'm in the same boat with an LJ and would appreciate anyone's experience with just an upper adjustable change.

The room back there is identical to a TJ.