Advice on buying a used Warn winch

Save yourself the hassle and buy the WARN 87675 Winch Mounting Plate. $230 CDN with free shipping from Amazon.ca.

oops ignore this. The 87675 was a custom fab I did and wouldn't bolt up to a TJ bumper.

Last edited:
Speaking of used winches, I picked up an 8274 yesterday. It needs a new lower housing (got dropped off the back of a truck, or the PO broke it trying to remove one of the mount bolts), but everything else seems in good order
View attachment 100643View attachment 100644View attachment 100645View attachment 100646View attachment 100647View attachment 100648View attachment 100649

Be careful where you buy the replacement lower casing from and make sure they have a good return policy. I have read some forum posts where people complain about the newer castings having less precision than the old and it not mating properly to the older casings.

Reactions: derekmac
  • Wow
Reactions: Twopoint
Oh yeah sorry, I was talking in Canadian dollars. It's an extra 50 bucks to ship to here and after conversion, its pretty close to $400 Canadian.
sounds like it time for a trip down south... or check out the wrecking yards ...

Reactions: Tangerined
Be careful where you buy the replacement lower casing from and make sure they have a good return policy. I have read some forum posts where people complain about the newer castings having less precision than the old and it not mating properly to the older casings.
Thanks for the heads up! I was able to find one from a local guy that collects them and fixes and sells them.

Reactions: Twopoint
125' of 5/16" wire rope is right at 24.5 lbs. My 100' of 5/16" wire rope weighed just under 20 lbs. 125' of 3/8" synthetic is 4.25 lbs.

For just the ropes there is a 20 lb. difference between the original 125' of 5/16" and 125' of 3/8" synthetic.

View attachment 101030
Hmm sure felt heavier when I took it off. Apparently I'm just weak. ;)

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.