After 7 years of daily driving my TJ I finally got a 2nd car

Oh wow that's a pretty good deal, yeah I think my particular model bestop isn't made anymore so I would need all new hardware and brackets. I don't have a heated garage but I know a few people who would be willing to let me use. So even if it's 30 degrees outside I could quickly slap something together.

Yea you would think hardtops would be more rare up here. But I never had any issues with (working) softtops in the winter time.

There is a guy in Albany selling a 700 dollar TJ hardtop it's a great deal but it's been posted for 2 months. I messaged him out of curiosity but I think it's overkill for my needs. If he messages me back I'll post in on for sale finds section.

I'm pretty sure all the framework and brackets are the same and you really only need to replace the fabric ! they're all the same you can get any of the replacement tops... bestop , quadratec, rampage whoever's will go on your frame...

Reactions: 97' 4 Popper
My buddy has a tesla (dont know which model) and last year we had a cold snap (well below 0 for a couple of days) and I had asked him about the battery performance when it was that cold. He said his range dropped 10% and that was for city driving. I think his commute is about 40 miles round trip.

Likely he charges it indoors & heated garage and cited the 1 way performance from the garage

Charging and storing it outside would exhibit a far greater loss in those conditions, as many articles indicate also.

https://www.cars.com/articles/our-tesla-model-y-in-cold-weather-how-was-range-affected-448043/I learned this firsthand as I keep my Hybrid outside. I was down a minimum of 20% and mine is a Hybrid, not exclusively battery

My Wisconsin dwelling coworkers lose close to 40% of their Tesla Ys range. This is after a full work day with their Tesla outdoor all day at a station in 0 degree weather. Range is in the 140 mark which means they cant risk a day without it on the charger

Last edited:
Likely he charges it indoors & heated garage and cited the 1 way performance from the garage

Charging and storing it outside would exhibit a far greater loss in those conditions, as many articles indicate also.

https://www.cars.com/articles/our-tesla-model-y-in-cold-weather-how-was-range-affected-448043/I learned this firsthand as I keep my Hybrid outside. I was down a minimum of 20% and mine is a Hybrid, not exclusively battery

My Wisconsin dwelling coworkers lose close to 40% of their Tesla Ys range. This is after a full work day with their Tesla outdoor all day at a station in 0 degree weather. Range is in the 140 mark which means they cant risk a day without it on the charger

I know he charges at home in a garage (not heated), but at work he is parked outside in a lot.