Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

It's the ORO return line kit so you can see what it comes with. Let me find it and get it ready to ship. Might be a day or two.
Glad to help out and it gets one more part out of my messy garage.
I thought I combed their whole site looking for one but I must have missed it. Take your time, waiting for parts is my M.O.

Yep well of course ORO doesn't have it anymore but CU Off Road has one.

cache_949861165.jpg
COI-OILRETURN
Oil Return Kit $45

This kit has everything you need to connect a valve and hose from the bottom of the coalescing filter to the Yorks' oil fill hole. Now when the filter is filled with oil, you can turn the valve and the oil will flow back into the York. 8' of hose included.

DESIGNED TO WORK WITH YORK 210 COMPRESSORS

This is just like what I have.

https://www.cuoffroad.com/product-lines/onboardair-com-components/

Yep well of course ORO doesn't have it anymore but CU Off Road has one.

View attachment 252319COI-OILRETURN
Oil Return Kit $45

This kit has everything you need to connect a valve and hose from the bottom of the coalescing filter to the Yorks' oil fill hole. Now when the filter is filled with oil, you can turn the valve and the oil will flow back into the York. 8' of hose included.

DESIGNED TO WORK WITH YORK 210 COMPRESSORS

This is just like what I have.

https://www.cuoffroad.com/product-lines/onboardair-com-components/
Good thing I didn't find the parts at ace hardware. I wasn't thinking it'd need a cut off on it. I guess that makes sense to keep it from pushing out when running.

Good thing I didn't find the parts at ace hardware. I wasn't thinking it'd need a cut off on it. I guess that makes sense to keep it from pushing out when running.

You don't want to have it being a constant suction on the filter. And you only do it at an idle is the way I was told to use it. So if the filter has oil in it then you open the valve and the compressor will suck the oil back into it. The valve is mounted at the filter end.
I'll see if I have any instructions or not also.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
I detect shenanigans a foot here!
The loaner program is superb.

My jeep was at his shop today getting the tires balanced. I will say I did forget how nice a hard top was though. But, I do enjoy not having to store it in my garage all summer.

Reactions: JMT and DrDmoney
Where do I sign up for this "loaner" program? I need a tire balance as well, and my go to shop is a week and a half out.
I'm shocked that jeep hasn't made it this way yet lol. Have you figured out the gear whine issue yet? Everyone around here raves about "The Rear End Shop" in Livermore if you're willing to travel.. there's another guy Paul Reece in Lafayette, that also does gears at about half price of the normal guys. Haven't heard anything negative about him either.

I'm shocked that jeep hasn't made it this way yet lol. Have you figured out the gear whine issue yet? Everyone around here raves about "The Rear End Shop" in Livermore if you're willing to travel.. there's another guy Paul Reece in Lafayette, that also does gears at about half price of the normal guys. Haven't heard anything negative about him either.
We have a new tech at work that is sharp. Gathering a lube locker so we can pull the cover one night after work to diagnose.

Reactions: Alex01
In other jeep news my wife decided she would go through her mid life crisis a bit early and trade the mini van in on a new wrangler 4 door (she claimed the van wasn't fun :unsure: ). It really caught me off guard because 1. She's never been interested in even test driving a new jeep and 2. When I thought I'd kill the idea by having her have her van appraised at carmax they offered her 1.5k less than what we originally paid for it. The used car market is insane right now.

Once she found out we wouldn't lose a bunch of money the search began. Most dealers wanted MSRP and that was a tough pill to swallow. Eventually, I found a dealer in San Jose offering 7% below MSRP and picked up her new wheels. The only catch is it is a factory soft top jeep so we ordered a hard top and will need to install the wiring for the hard top - doesn't look easy but at the same time not overly difficult. But, we'll have both tops now so that will be nice.

Meet the newest member of the family.
20210517_150104.jpg
20210517_164947.jpg

The plan is to let her drive it for a bit then add a 2" lift, 35s, and GR front and rear bumpers. The rental jeeps in Moab were built with that size lift and I was really impressed with how it did when @Midnight LJR's friend rented one and wheeled with us.

She's already itching to get it on a trail so I'm thinking signal peak would be a fun trail for her to break it in.

Last edited:
In other jeep news my wife decided she would go through her mid life crisis a bit early and trade the mini van in on a new wrangler 4 door (she claimed the van wasn't fun :unsure: ). It really caught me off guard because 1. She's never been interested in even test driving a new jeep and 2. When I thought I'd kill the idea by having her have her van appraised at carmax they offered her 1.5k less than what we originally paid for it. The used car market is insane right now.

Once she found out we wouldn't lose a bunch of money the search began. Most dealers wanted MSRP and that was a tough pill to swallow. Eventually, I found a dealer in San Jose offering 7% below MSRP and picked picked up her new wheels. The only catch is it is a factory soft top jeep so we ordered a hard top and will need to install the wiring for the hard top - doesn't look easy but at the same time not overly difficult. But, we'll have both tops now so that will be nice.

Meet the newest member of the family.
View attachment 253369View attachment 253371
The plan is to let her drive it for a bit then add a 2" lift, 35s, and GR front and rear bumpers. The rental jeeps in Moab were built with that size lift and I was really impressed with how it did when @Midnight LJR's friend rented one and wheeled with us.

She's already itching to get it on a trail so I'm thinking signal peak would be a fun trail for her to break it in.

She does look WAY cooler with that.

Jason & I were talking about that also. Those do really well in Moab.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Forgot the mention its an ecodiesel and got 26 mpg on the freeway back home cruising around 75mph. It will be awesome to have a wrangler with a 400+ range and likely 20+ mpg highway with 35s.

Traded the jeep last night. The hard top and carpet make for a much quiter ride.
View attachment 253346

Thanks @Lonewolf
The loaner program is great at making me want to spend more money on the jeep, now I need to add a mid arm and hydro assist to the list
You can try to come pick up the jeep but the dog seems kinda attached to it
801A926C-5E85-4A6C-BA02-0EDD2AA3A212.jpeg

The loaner program is great at making me want to spend more money on the jeep, now I need to add a mid arm and hydro assist to the list
You can try to come pick up the jeep but the dog seems kinda attached to it
View attachment 253388
He probably got excited hearing it howling as you drove up 🤣