Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Forgot the mention its an ecodiesel and got 26 mpg on the freeway back home cruising around 75mph. It will be awesome to have a wrangler with a 400+ range and likely 20+ mpg highway with 35s.

It even get the same mileage as my wife’s new Mazda. 😔

The new rubicons come stock with high lines huh?
Its crazy. They also are outboarded from the factory!!

The electronics are the thing that really scares me about it. I'm going to need to become a master electrician though now that I own 3 Chrysler products.

Its crazy. They also are outboarded from the factory!!

The electronics are the thing that really scares me about it. I'm going to need to become a master electrician though now that I own 3 Chrysler products.
I see a 4-door Jeep in my wife’s future. I’m not sure how I feel about that! Nice JL! I hope she’s ready for Hell’sRevenge!

The new rubicons come stock with high lines huh?
same hood line since the JK , no? the JK has lots of things we have to mod/improve on our tj's and it never got credit.

take the flare off a JK and it's pretty much a HL. they were all up near the top of the head lamp. when we do them we go just a hair higher vs the headlamps.

the only thing i can't get over with the JL is the soft top looks like an 1800's covered wagon top to me.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
I see a 4-door Jeep in my wife’s future. I’m not sure how I feel about that! Nice JL! I hope she’s ready for Hell’sRevenge!
I think she's officially put Hell's Revenge on the same "banned List" as cliff hanger.

It's fun though to hear her actually interested in taking the new jeep out on the trail. I was teasing her that her jeep looked like a baby next to mine and she said "not for long". :ROFLMAO: Looking at parts for JL's though is making my wallet really hurt. I think I'll give it a year and a few trials before we start adding anything. Besides bumpers and skids.

Jeep hides labels everywhere now.
20210517_154159.jpg

same hood line since the JK , no? the JK has lots of things we have to mod/improve on our tj's and it never got credit.

take the flare off a JK and it's pretty much a HL. they were all up near the top of the head lamp. when we do them we go just a hair higher vs the headlamps.

the only thing i can't get over with the JL is the soft top looks like an 1800's covered wagon top to me.
I'd agree that the hardtop looks much better on them. I ordered one at the same time as picking up the jeep and they said that it's about a month or so out from being delivered.

The JK and in turn the JL, took a lot of what we do to our jeeps and made it stock. They are pretty amazing platforms. While I don't think the 4 doors would be the best trail rig for the area I live I could see how it would be a better wheelbase for places like Moab that have large drops and steep climbs.

The best thing about the JL soft tops is that the windows slide in and out like butter and there's only the back window zipper to mess with. The safari top config is the best looking imo. Congrats on the new jeep you'll likely never get to drive ;D The aftermarket support on JK and JL's is absolutely insane compared to the TJ and earlier.

I think she's officially put Hell's Revenge on the same "banned List" as cliff hanger.

It's fun though to hear her actually interested in taking the new jeep out on the trail. I was teasing her that her jeep looked like a baby next to mine and she said "not for long". :ROFLMAO: Looking at parts for JL's though is making my wallet really hurt. I think I'll give it a year and a few trials before we start adding anything. Besides bumpers and skids.

Jeep hides labels everywhere now. View attachment 253448
Cute Jeep emblem. Beautiful color. Jeep did make several things standard on JK’s and JL’s that we have to fix on our TJ’s. It shows that they learned something from those that tinker. I just wish they had stayed smaller. I can’t imagine how big they will be in 75 years. Think Willys, CJ, TJ, JLU, ? ? ? ????

Love the diesel JL. I'm going to need a new car before too log, and diesel JL or JT would be nice. Might be a battle, wife doesn't like the JL.

Reactions: Alex01
Love the diesel JL. I'm going to need a new car before too log, and diesel JL or JT would be nice. Might be a battle, wife doesn't like the JL.
It drives pretty nice considering what it is. I actually prefer the road manners of the JL to the minivan because I felt you needed to make a ton more small adjustments while on the highway with it compared to the JL. My wife quite enjoys it and said she feels like it's fun to get in and drive, unlike the van. My only complaint would be the wind noise, but what can you expect out of a vehicle shaped like a brick. We test drove versions with the hardtop and while significantly quieter than the soft top you could still hear a bit of wind. If I was to describe it I'd say it was a bit quieter than having the window barely open on a normal car.

I will note though that on both the soft and hard top you can have a normal conversation and with the radio on the wind noise on the hardtop isn't really noticeable.

So when is the 2.8 swap happening in the TJ? Gotta complete the cycle and have your fleet all diesels, right?
That would be awesome. I asked the wife if we could do an eco diesel swap but she said no :cry:

The range and mileage of a 2.8 would be awesome. Since I only drive 2-3k a year though with the TJ it would take quite a bit of time to "break-even".

Thank you.

A few.

Not that I am aware of.

Move trackbar forward, keep the tie rod low, custom pitman arm that just clears trackbar, axle under the spring perches or coil overs.
Where does someone find a custom pitman arm that is shorter? Or is that a custom made piece? If so who can I contact to make one.

Parts Mike sells a pitman that is flat and isn't drilled so you drill it and cut it to the length you need.

http://www.partsmike.com/index.php/products/pm536fpa-pitman-arm-flat-undrilled-525-7
I seen a few built before but don't know who made them or if they were driven on the street.
that's the same piece i ended up using.

https://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/Flat-Pitman-Arm-NO-HOLE/3360/4427they'll drill it for you if you know where you want the hole located.

https://www.sams4x4.com/online-store/SAMS-OFFRAD-SAGINAW-PITMAN-ARM-p201234678

Reactions: Alex01