Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

No problem....would be there to help/watch you guys wrench, but have to get some work done on the ranch tomorrow. Rain did a lot of damage to the roads.
That's no good hopefully next week is nicer to the ranch. Guess we will finally meet face to face in Moab.

Don't forget to get some jounces for the rear.
Done. Also measured the front shaft 38". Hopefully that's the issue since I'm going to need to fill up soon if I keep doing test loops.

Last edited:
I ordered the new front driveshaft. It should arrive Thursday which will give me just enough time to get it in before Hollister. I'll also be changing out the axle pinion yoke so I can use 1310 joints.

First order of business will be to insure the driveshaft has enough room on full bump not to contact the skid. My guess is I'll be cutting a half moon into the skid.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I ordered the new front driveshaft. It should arrive Thursday which will give me just enough time to get it in before Hollister. I'll also be changing out the axle pinion yoke so I can use 1310 joints.

First order of business will be to insure the driveshaft has enough room on full bump not to contact the skid. My guess is I'll be cutting a half moon into the skid.

Fun times! Just in time to get the new ds all muddy! Did you go with Spicer non-greasables?

I feel the same way when flat towing the jeep behind the RV. Imagine driving a RV with jeep in tow thru 19th Ave in Tom town. Zero fun! I've done it. Gonna take SR680 to SR101 this weekend instead. That's no picnic either, but I really hate driving thru the city.

Also, they said that the 1310 yoke is about 3/4 of an inch shorter then the Rubicons 1330 yoke. So when I change out the rear I should get the shaft lengthened the same amount.

I feel the same way when flat towing the jeep behind the RV. Imagine driving a RV with jeep in tow thru 19th Ave in Tom town. Zero fun! I've done it. Gonna take SR680 to SR101 this weekend instead. That's no picnic either, but I really hate driving thru the city.
Oh god that would be awful. I saw a mega rv once in little Italy and I was shocked. I'm always amazed how some of those truck drivers get around in the city. I'm sure @Thunderhead has some fun experiences.

If your going 680 you can wave at me after you go over the Benicia bridge. We took pope valley rd back home and it was really nice.

Also, they said that the 1310 yoke is about 3/4 of an inch shorter then the Rubicons 1330 yoke. So when I change out the rear I should get the shaft lengthened the same amount.

Oh god that would be awful. I saw a mega rv once in little Italy and I was shocked. I'm always amazed how some of those truck drivers get around in the city. I'm sure @Thunderhead has some fun experiences.

If your going 680 you can wave at me after you go over the Benicia bridge. We took pope valley rd back home and it was really nice.

Pope Valley and SR128 is a fun drive in my wife's car.

Reactions: Alex01
Ahh, so that's how you got a hall pass to work on the jeep Saturday , lol!
That got me the wrenching weekend and Hollister. Thankfully my father in-law is the one who suggested Moab. Who knows what I would have needed to do to go on that trip.

I'm also set for the Rubicon since I tell her every week or so it's on my bucket list. I think she would feel way to guilty saying anything negative about it lol.

• Haha
Reactions: bobthetj03
Yeah, I'm right there with you brah! That is why I'm missing out on Moab and going to Cancun instead. It'll give me the street cred I need for The Con in September. That and it's my birthday, so she can't say no to that, lol!

LOL went across Benicia Bridge at 3:15 this morning, I'll wave next Monday morning. wish I had stupid, unnecessary, excessively loud, and impractical train horns i would blow them all the way across the bridge.

• Haha
You get your new ds and jounces in yet? Times a ticking!

Jounces yes. Still need to jack up the frame a bit so I can get them in between the coils. According to UPS the driveshaft is out for delivery and should be at my house today. But, I already removed the old shaft, made a cut for clearance, and changed the yoke. So, I'm sure it will fall off the truck.