Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Check your rear TB. I bet it's hitting the gas tank skid. Also check to be sure your rear TB relocation bracket isn't hitting the bottom of the tub. If it is, there should be evidence of that.
I'll take a look around. I can recreate the noise by turning hard and putting a load on the left side. Unfortunately I can't recreate it by rocking the jeep on the driveway though.

Cut about 8" off both sides of the front bumper to make it a bit more stubby. Also, redrilled the light mounts so the kc's are more flush with the front of the bumper.

I may cut off a few more inches in the future but for now its good.
20190327_190134.jpg

Looks good! You know what would clean it up even more? Get a pair of Mag light holder clamps, a scrap piece of metal about the same shape as a license plate, and make a proper holder for your sad license plate.
2.jpg

Cut about 8" off both sides of the front bumper to make it a bit more stubby. Also, redrilled the light mounts so the kc's are more flush with the front of the bumper.

I may cut off a few more inches in the future but for now its good.View attachment 84809
You just cut a front Warn bumper. Shit. I needed one. It woudl have been cooler if you cut a section out of the center of that Warn bumper and welded it back together.

You just cut a front Warn bumper. Shit. I needed one. It woudl have been cooler if you cut a section out of the center of that Warn bumper and welded it back together.
I saved the ends just incase I want to do that one day. I don't have a welder so doing it myself wasn't an option. I tried to leave that section and bend it into place but failed.

I would have loved to buy a warn stubby bumper but I have other projects I would rather spend money on.

Reactions: JMT
Looks good! You know what would clean it up even more? Get a pair of Mag light holder clamps, a scrap piece of metal about the same shape as a license plate, and make a proper holder for your sad license plate.
View attachment 84820
Great idea. In the mean time I made it less sad just for you.
20190327_194303.jpg

If you look real close you can see the mud line from Hollister.