Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

That looks really good! If you did that yourself, whad you use and how was the prep. If not, where did you get that done?
Thank you. I did it myself. The product I used was u-pol raptor liner. As far as prep goes I stripped the interior, used a wire wheel on my drill to rough up the paint and sandpaper in hard to reach areas. After that, I taped off all the areas I didn't want to get overspray on, cleaned the surface, and sprayed 2 or 3 coats. It's been about a year and a half now and it has held up great. I'm really happy I did it since now after a run I just powerwash the interior and call it good. If I take the extra step and use car soap the lining looks new.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CKE7B1E/?tag=wranglerorg-20,

Thank you. I did it myself. The product I used was u-pol raptor liner. As far as prep goes I stripped the interior, used a wire wheel on my drill to rough up the paint and sandpaper in hard to reach areas. After that, I taped off all the areas I didn't want to get overspray on, cleaned the surface, and sprayed 2 or 3 coats. It's been about a year and a half now and it has held up great. I'm really happy I did it since now after a run I just powerwash the interior and call it good. If I take the extra step and use car soap the lining looks new.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CKE7B1E/?tag=wranglerorg-20,
Well i'll be damned. I am impressed. That is a mod I really want to do, but I dont trust myself with the prep and spray Id rather pay a body shop to do it, but I heard its around like 800-1500

Well i'll be damned. I am impressed. That is a mod I really want to do, but I dont trust myself with the prep and spray Id rather pay a body shop to do it, but I heard its around like 800-1500
I would rate it fairly low on the difficulty scale. The most time-consuming bit was prepping the tub (making sure everything gets sanded). Spraying the product was actually quite easy and hard to screw up. I would say you could do it in my driveway once the weather gets nice since your not too far away but I believe it needs a few days to cure.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney
I'm gonna create 30 bogus accounts and start liking mine........bitch!
Don't forget to "like" all your comments also so you can bring up your ratio. :ROFLMAO:

When it was close in numbers I "unliked" your pic. lol
See if I break trail, winch you out, and have extra beers next run... :p

Since it was around 70 degrees yesterday I took the opportunity to remove the top and take the jeep to the park with the kids.
20200223_113643.jpg

When I got back I decided to crawl under the jeep just to make sure everything still looked correct. When I was under it I noticed that my belly skid got a bit beat up. (likely from the rubicon) The cut I made on the skid in order for the front driveshaft not to contact the skid (dented my last driveshaft pretty bad) must have comprised the integrity. Looks like a new skid will likely be in my future.
20200223_101712.jpg

Time for a Savvy skid ;)

It's amazing how much better those fenders look when they are painted. I can't stand them when people don't paint them, but on yours (painted), they actually look very aesthetically pleasing to me!

Time for a Savvy skid ;)

It's amazing how much better those fenders look when they are painted. I can't stand them when people don't paint them, but on yours (painted), they actually look very aesthetically pleasing to me!
Unfortunately, Savvy doesn't make the skid for the 1997-2002 manual any more.

That's right, I totally forgot about that! Bummer
Yep. I'm looking into options. Looks like UCF and Genright both make skids for my year TJ. Since I don't have a welder the UCF seems like it may be a better idea.

UCF has a "No Body lift" which is 2" tall or the "Ultra High-Clearance" which is 1". The ultra-high clearance would likely work nicely with the NP231 but may become a problem down the line if I decide to drop in an atlas or NP241. Decisions decisions.

My Barnes skid raises the belly up 1", is 1/4" plate, and the price is attractive. No body lift required.
https://www.barnes4wd.com/Jeep-TJ-Bolt-On-Skid-Plate_p_867.html

Before, factory shovel,
View attachment 142196
After, barely scraped on anything thru the Con.
View attachment 142198
Barnes is defiantly an option. The more I think about it if I went with the UCF skid I would likely get the No BL version. Although it's a bit lower I'm already on a 4" lift so tucking it too far up may just be asking for driveline vibration issues.