Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

A big thank you to @mrblaine for sending an extended mount for the oil pan skid hanger. (And informing me of it's existence)

View attachment 175435
Just a heads up for others doing the midarm, shoot savvy an email or give them a call. I sent Micheal an email one evening, that next morning he had this bracket already sent out priority mail free of charge.

Again, props to Blaine for his assistance answering questions about these midarms and outboards.

Just a heads up for others doing the midarm, shoot savvy an email or give them a call. I sent Micheal an email one evening, that next morning he had this bracket already sent out priority mail free of charge.

Again, props to Blaine for his assistance answering questions about these midarms and outboards.
Alex did the same, we were just not sure how fast it would get to him and I had a spare in case it was delayed. It turns out it would not have been since I got mine before he got his.

Body lifted, engine lifted but the skid needs to be lowered, I'm ignorant when it comes to this. What causes the problem?

When you upgrade to the midarm, the front control arm wants to get in the way of the skid mounting arm. This new bracket doesn't lower the skid plate, but rather pushes the skid mounting arm towards the center of the Jeep so it is out of the way of the front control arm.

Reactions: Alex01 and pagrey
Body lifted, engine lifted but the skid needs to be lowered, I'm ignorant when it comes to this. What causes the problem?
Skid isn't lowered. The upper arm on the front axle gets very close to the bottom of the frame side engine mount bracket. The extension just moves the engine skid brace over closer to the engine so the upper arm doesn't hit the brace at full stuff.

Reactions: Wildman and pagrey
I packed up the old cat and muffler this morning in the jeep and decided to live dangerously and drive the 1.5 miles to the exhaust shop. Like @RiverDawg24 mentioned earlier today once the jeep gets moving it really isn't that loud. At idle and stop signs though it sounds like an uncorked Harley.

The shop wasn't able to finish up the exhaust system today so I'll be getting the jeep back on Monday. As of now, they have the stock cat reattached and replaced the stock muffler with a 14" Flowmaster. Monday they will finish up the work on the rear section of the exhaust that goes over the axle and out the back. The owner daily drives a TJR with long arms so I'm hopeful that means they'll get the placement correct on the first attempt. 🤞

@Alex01 when you have the time could you measure how your output on your transfer case is centered? Curious what your numbers are from the inside of each frame rail to the output. Trying to make sure I have mine setup correctly.

Thanks

@Alex01 when you have the time could you measure how your output on your transfer case is centered? Curious what your numbers are from the inside of each frame rail to the output. Trying to make sure I have mine setup correctly.

Thanks
I'm not 100% confident I got it dead on but it at least is vib free now with the new ds. (Haven't tested at highway speeds with the midarm)

My jeep will be at the exhaust shop until monday but I can measure once I get it back.

Reactions: Wildman
Thanks not in a rush. I won't be home to work on my Jeep until Wednesday. Figure if I get a measurement form a few people it'll give me something to go off of.

Right now I am sitting at 20.25" from drivers side & 17" from passenger side. My rear axle is also offset a little bit so my angles won't be dead on.

Reactions: Alex01
You get that thing picked up from the exhaust shop yet?
I just got it home. I'm happy with everything muffler forward. I'm not positive if the tail section will survive too long since they went under the rear arm instead of over. They are great guys though so if it becomes an issue they'll make it right, but I'll be ready with a hack saw this weekend.

I would have left it but I still need to do an alignment and install the rear bumps before heading to truckee Thursday.

20200713_153055.jpg
20200713_153102.jpg

They were able to take the pile of parts I gave them though and make everything work. They reused the stock cat and added a magnaflow in the rear. It's much quiter than without the cat.

Last edited:
Alex,

Here is how I routed my exhaust...o_O🤔

View attachment 176708

that happened about 3 months after I completed the mid arm install, stupid mistake on my part...
I'll just hand them this photo for round 2. Something better than nothinf right 😆

Glad it didn't turn out worse. That must have been a bit unnerving.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Glad it didn't turn out worse. That must have been a bit unnerving.

I was leading a group of 6 Jeeps and got ahead of everyone, so I stopped to wait for them to catch up. Once they got to me, I started up and drove, right off a 3' ledge! Flopped the jeep on the passenger side. Very unnerving when you are just at the apex of the flop and thinking to yourself, "NFW did I do this". We strapped it to a buddy's winch uphill from me, rolled it back over and away we went. I had to replace the front right fender, a dent in the cowl and a dent in the windshield frame. I went to the full roll cage after this flop and I left a dent in the hood as a reminder not to be so careless. Seatbelts worked perfectly and no one was hurt, other than my ego. Safety first!!!

I was leading a group of 6 Jeeps and got ahead of everyone, so I stopped to wait for them to catch up. Once they got to me, I started up and drove, right off a 3' ledge! Flopped the jeep on the passenger side. Very unnerving when you are just at the apex of the flop and thinking to yourself, "NFW did I do this". We strapped it to a buddy's winch uphill from me, rolled it back over and away we went. I had to replace the front right fender, a dent in the cowl and a dent in the windshield frame. I went to the full roll cage after this flop and I left a dent in the hood as a reminder not to be so careless. Seatbelts worked perfectly and no one was hurt, other than my ego. Safety first!!!
Awesome story to be able to tell unscathed!

Reactions: Hog and Wildman
Thanks not in a rush. I won't be home to work on my Jeep until Wednesday. Figure if I get a measurement form a few people it'll give me something to go off of.

Right now I am sitting at 20.25" from drivers side & 17" from passenger side. My rear axle is also offset a little bit so my angles won't be dead on.
Mines about the same given a slight margin of error since the muffler is in the way. 20.5" drivers 17.25" passenger.

Reactions: Wildman