Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Ran signal peak today solo. The trail isn't difficult but I did find a few large rocks that I managed to high center on (100% avoidable).

20200925_110439.jpg
20200925_110741.jpg
20200925_111751.jpg
20200925_111811.jpg
20200925_111851.jpg
20200925_124004.jpg
20200925_121806.jpg
20200925_121813.jpg
20200925_122350.jpg

Last edited:
One of these days I'll get to run this trail!
You'll walk right up it. The beginning half is "more difficult" and the return from the summit is a fire road. (Other than the 2 rocks I found.) It's a fun trail but only took a few hours so I wouldn't drive from Lakeport just to run it. Perhaps before or after your next rubi run.

You'll walk right up it. The beginning half is "more difficult" and the return from the summit is a fire road. (Other than the 2 rocks I found.) It's a fun trail but only took a few hours so I wouldn't drive from Lakeport just to run it. Perhaps before or after your next rubi run.

I'll be up in that area next month, so maybe then.

Geez, you nailed that rock dude! You’d have to know that happened at the time, right?!
It surely happened on the rocks I high centered on. I hit just about everything on those things. Oil pan skid, center skid, all 4 control arm mounts, and both sliders all took superficial damage. But, it was worth it.

I'm stoked though that the tie rod and body mounts aren't on the list of "parts that took damage" though :ROFLMAO:

Looks like the new vacuum lines fixed the large evap leak cel.
20201005_105444.jpg

While at the smog center another customer was looking over the jeep and complemented all the trail scares. He called it a well used jeep 🤣

I had some time over the weekend to look at the rear antirock and cycle the suspension. I am extremely grateful that @mvigo drove over Saturday morning so I could take a look at what @mrblaine did to his jeep and also lent a helping hand to figure out mine. Before he arrived I was thinking I'd need a 1/2" spacer and new wheel studs to clear.

After bending the Antirock arms a bit more so the Heim barely clears the frame while cycling and adding 1/4" worth of washers to the wheels to act as temporary spacers the link cleared the tire on full articulation.

All I can say is @mrblaine is a magician (wizard). @mvigo and I have, more or less, identical setups in terms of tire size, lift height, midarm, wheel backspacing, etc but Blaine was able to make his work with less bend on the arms and no spacers.

Once the spacers come in I'll do a final test before burning in the mounts.

View attachment 187413
So you are running the arms the rear TJ AR kit comes with or did you order different ones?

So you are running the arms the rear TJ AR kit comes with or did you order different ones?
I am running arms off of a JK but Blaine said that the stock TJ front arms would have been a better fit - 18". I had to cut a link off the arms I bought. I added around a .75" offset bend with a 20-ton press to clear the shock tower/frame.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I am running arms off of a JK but Blaine said that the stock TJ front arms would have been a better fit - 18". I had to cut a link off the arms I bought. I added around a .75" offset bend with a 20-ton press to clear the shock tower/frame.
Good to know, thanks homie

Reactions: Alex01