Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

I found a bit of surface rust hiding under the sliders.
20210123_142014.jpg
I'm going to also swap out the MC sliders for Savvy since I'll be adding savvys corners. The jeep is looking a bit like Swiss cheese at this point.
20210124_140654.jpg

I took some time to weld up some of the holes. I'm sure the riv nuts won't line up with the savvy sliders but I figure I'll leave them until I know for sure. (Shitty paint job but it will be covered so I didn't try too hard)

20210124_152420.jpg
20210124_154824.jpg

One side down one to go.

I found a bit of surface rust hiding under the sliders. View attachment 220710I'm going to also swap out the MC sliders for Savvy since I'll be adding savvys corners. The jeep is looking a bit like Swiss cheese at this point.
View attachment 220711
I took some time to weld up some of the holes. I'm sure the riv nuts won't line up with the savvy sliders but I figure I'll leave them until I know for sure. (Shitty paint job but it will be covered so I didn't try too hard)

View attachment 220712View attachment 220713

One side down one to go.
I feel like I need to do this, plug up the holes from my old sliders.

I feel like I need to do this, plug up the holes from my old sliders.
You really don't lol. The baby was napping and my 3 year old was sitting still for once in her life so I decided to retreat to the garage. @Midnight LJR was explaining to me the process a while back and I figured it would be a fun thing to try.

If you really want to though I'm available most nights after 7pm 🤣
I can't keep up, lol! Forgot you're changing them.
It's all @Plumber1's fault.

I can honestly say I could have bought and built a NICE 2nd Jeep with what I've spent on this one.
It's a disease.

Mike and I have had many talks about Highline vs non-highline fenders in the past. After he finally got it through my head I went with the non-Highline because he made a valid point that the Highline's would push my build to 60s, 37s, and a stretch. While all of those are awesome it's not something I need and would cost $$$$$$$.

So... I do have some limits I suppose.

I found a bit of surface rust hiding under the sliders. View attachment 220710I'm going to also swap out the MC sliders for Savvy since I'll be adding savvys corners. The jeep is looking a bit like Swiss cheese at this point.
View attachment 220711

View attachment 220712View attachment 220713

One side down one to go.
Rust? Where... That little bit doesn't count!

It's a disease.

Mike and I have had many talks about Highline vs non-highline fenders in the past. After he finally got it through my head I went with the non-Highline because he made a valid point that the Highline's would push my build to 60s, 37s, and a stretch. While all of those are awesome it's not something I need and would cost $$$$$$$.

So... I do have some limits I suppose.
AE5196D1-0153-4171-81C6-DD80B909F7F4.jpeg