Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Okay so let me figure this all out.... Need 3-5 days for cage building and then another 5 days to paint the Jeep....

So I need a nice campground to stay in for 2 weeks.
We can just do it on the rubicon trail at camp. We'll run the orbital sander and HVLP spray gun off the york.

😁
20210223_163911.jpg
20210223_163915.jpg

Lookin good, genright fenders kill metalcloak in aesthetic department. Light fan coats and building up on clear coat until a medium/heavy coat without sagging is going to be your friend when you do the corner armor. Are you still using automotivetouchup paint or is this a different brand you used for the spray gun?

Reactions: Alex01
Lookin good, genright fenders kill metalcloak in aesthetic department. Light fan coats and building up on clear coat until a medium/heavy coat without sagging is going to be your friend when you do the corner armor. Are you still using automotivetouchup paint or is this a different brand you used for the spray gun?
The paint is from the automotive location for sherman Williams. I'll be using the same paint on the corners and rear fenders.

Looks real good, now you gotta paint your trail doors.
Yes, that's definitely on my mind. I need to pick up an extra quart of paint.

My prediction is that one year from now, you'll be on 37's and these fenders will be heading somewhere else for some highlines. You'll do a perfect job painting those!
I'll buy another jeep first or many years on this one. I'd need 60s, a stretch, coil-overs, and a ton more. Basically, redo everything.

I'd love to find a Willys era jeep though to fix up and be able to run moderate trails with. Or a jeep before 1975 so I can bypass CA engine swap laws.

Last edited:
The corners and sliders are primed and ready for paint tonight.

20210223_212501.jpg

I'm still highly leaning towards painting the steel section of the slider body color.

Pros: Looks - scratches will stand out less with silver than black
Cons: not as easy to touch up as ACE brand Semi Gloss.

20210204_185846.jpg
20210204_185846 2.jpg

The corners and sliders are primed and ready for paint tonight.

View attachment 228836

I'm still highly leaning towards painting the steel section of the slider body color.

Pros: Looks - scratches will stand out less with silver than black
Cons: not as easy to touch up as ACE brand Semi Gloss.

View attachment 228837View attachment 228838
i think body match for the alum backer, black for the steel :cool: just my 2 cents
if its all the same color (body match) it'll kinda be like a silver matching sweatsuit...

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex01
Hit the steel slider with a DA sander and then clear coat it. Even easier to touch up and looks cool imo. I did my diff covers that way but just hand sanded them.
I didn't think of that. It's already primmed though.