Aluminum vs. steel gas tank skid

The PO of my TJ put a Kilby on it. Super stout, but 60 lbs! And I’d love to shed that weight.
Right before the Savvy skid came out, Kilby advertised his as being "almost 90 lbs. of steel goodness".

Right after the Savvy skid came out, that little blurb in the description disappeared for some reason.

I'm going to throw in another option. Although it's from the company that shall not be named :), the MC gas tank skid is steel on the bottom, aluminum on the sides and lets' you raise it up an inch like the Savvy. It weights about 45lbs, so it's in the middle. It's been working great for me and I'm not the most easy person on my rig.
Gotta be careful with the numbers. In the lower setting with the Savvy skid, that is well over an inch higher than stock. Then if you install a body lift, you can go up another inch.

Gotta be careful with the numbers. In the lower setting with the Savvy skid, that is well over an inch higher than stock. Then if you install a body lift, you can go up another inch.
Gotcha, that's really cool. No wonder it's the #1 choice. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: ScottCO
I have the savvy and like the clearance.

When I bought my Jeep, it had the poison spider steel GTS which is junk. It was around twice the size of the savvy and my rear axle was hitting it.

I've been filling the diffs through the vent tube for a few years. That takes the plug heights and volumes out of the equation.
Smart