American Racing Headers Long Tube Headers for the Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0

Update on ARH : My engine is running stock internals , no forced induction or anything special and after driving with these headers around for just 200 miles the past weeks its made my TJ whole different vehicle , without a doubt it added horsepower a big noticeable diffrence, its almost like you opened up the butthole of the engine . When installing these they looked hella crazy the header section inside is a like fucking rocket and I know when they are tuned correctly they will perform waaaaaaaaaay more. Recently , I just added red rtv to all the lips of each connections and there are no air leaks anymore. The headers make a nice amount of tone like literally the right amount it sounds so nice even with an oem style muffler you can hear the gurggling when you are still. I can only imagnine how it would sound if its connected to a nicer exahust. @Chris was right they are some serious shit I can't wait to get a tune and some forced induction

See, that's what I was telling you.

Talk to any serious engine tuner (Golen, Charles, etc.) and they will all tell you that the weakest point of the 4.0 is the exhaust. It's corked off so much that it really restricts the engine breathing.

Now with those bigger headers, if you get a tune, a ported head with bigger valves, larger throttle body, and an air intake, then you can make even more power.

This is how engine tuning works. Most people assume you can just throw on an intake and get power, which is rarely the case. However, if you open up the entire pathway for air / exhaust, then you can see some serious gains.

With those headers and a good tune, you should probably see an additional 30+ rwhp.

Those headers ain't cheap, but believe me, they are worth it.

@toximus, you really need these if they'll work. With your supercharger they will undoubtedly wake you 4.0 up to all new levels.

Reactions: jonlandrum
See, that's what I was telling you.

Talk to any serious engine tuner (Golen, Charles, etc.) and they will all tell you that the weakest point of the 4.0 is the exhaust. It's corked off so much that it really restricts the engine breathing.

Now with those bigger headers, if you get a tune, a ported head with bigger valves, larger throttle body, and an air intake, then you can make even more power.

This is how engine tuning works. Most people assume you can just throw on an intake and get power, which is rarely the case. However, if you open up the entire pathway for air / exhaust, then you can see some serious gains.

With those headers and a good tune, you should probably see an additional 30+ rwhp.

Those headers ain't cheap, but believe me, they are worth it.

@toximus, you really need these if they'll work. With your supercharger they will undoubtedly wake you 4.0 up to all new levels.

I would love to run a set but I've been looking at the pictures and I don't think they'll work for me without the exhaust hitting my driveshaft. They might, but it's just too close to say for sure so I'll be prioritizing other engine mods first. If I'm in NY I'll swing by their shop check them out and maybe they can do a custom down pipe for me if needed.

I would love to run a set but I've been looking at the pictures and I don't think they'll work for me without the exhaust hitting my driveshaft. They might, but it's just too close to say for sure so I'll be prioritizing other engine mods first. If I'm in NY I'll swing by their shop check them out and maybe they can do a custom down pipe for me if needed.

You can always have a set of custom long tubes designed. It's not cheap (around 3k I was quoted), but it may be worth it if you're really trying to get power out of that 4.0.

Actually, if your plan is to build that 4.0, there's no way around a good set of headers at some point or another. You know that though.

Reactions: jonlandrum
You can always have a set of custom long tubes designed. It's not cheap (around 3k I was quoted), but it may be worth it if you're really trying to get power out of that 4.0.

Actually, if your plan is to build that 4.0, there's no way around a good set of headers at some point or another. You know that though.

In all honesty, I know I'll be content with just the SC. So we'll have to see what I end up doing... I apparently have a habit of not leaving stuff alone that doesn't put a smile on my face. For now I want to put a few thousand miles on my Jeep once it's done.

Reactions: Chris
Shut up! :ROFLMAO:

In full disclosure, I think I would still be happy if there was a good company supporting it that could of helped me get it working right on my Jeep.

What was the issue? My BoostedTech supercharger ran really good. Did you try using HPTuners and having a tuner tune it for you?

What was the issue? My BoostedTech supercharger ran really good. Did you try using HPTuners and having a tuner tune it for you?

I did not — I just don't feel that it's worth me spending more $$$ on. And I still have no clue what the issue is with my combo. Although over this summer I've started to highly suspect that the trans isn't in perfect condition and is only showing it's issues when more power is added.

Reactions: Rick Flair
I did not — I just don't feel that it's worth me spending more $$$ on. And I still have no clue what the issue is with my combo. Although over this summer I've started to highly suspect that the trans isn't in perfect condition and is only showing it's issues when more power is added.

Makes perfect sense. For 37s I'm sure the V8 will be far more fun anyways. Truthfully that's probably the route I would go, it just sounds like to make it work correctly, the mid-arm setup needs to be modified, and it ends up being a lot more work than a 4.0 stroker for instance.

That is a lie, never enough power@!

Fourth_of_July.gif

• Haha
So...I got a set of the ARH headers since I was swapping in a different short block, and they don’t clear the yoke on the front drive shaft. Anybody else having clearance issues, or if not, how much lift are you running? I’m on my stock springs still and I wasn’t planning on lifting really before this happened.
3FBBEF66-7A99-495E-93A2-5B60DAC6BEA8.jpeg

• USA Proud
  • Angry
Reactions: TJRick and EzPeezy
So...I got a set of the ARH headers since I was swapping in a different short block, and they don’t clear the yoke on the front drive shaft. Anybody else having clearance issues, or if not, how much lift are you running? I’m on my stock springs still and I wasn’t planning on lifting really before this happened.
View attachment 200032
Wow 😳! That is way off. Do you have any more pics of the install? I too am getting ready to purchase a set of ARH.

Not that it matters at this point, you may have the wrong clamp at the header to long tube connection.

Last edited:
I’m just spit ballin here. Can’t tell from your pic. Is there enough clearance between the collector connection and the block? More or less could the header assembly be moved over to the block to open up the clearance between the drive shaft and collector connection?

I've never looked into this before, so please forgive my ignorance. I notice they say "for off-road use only." Is that just because of restrictive states like California?
I believe they are off-road only because there is no pre-catalytic converter attachment on these. At least that is what I was told many years ago living in California.