"And Here We Go" Build

If the lift includes urethane bushings, they could be the culprit. Urethane has a tendency to squeak. You could grab some PB Blaster silicone lube and spray all the suspension pivot points and see if it goes away.

IMG_5292.JPG
Fixed the squeky issue... my mechanic guy placed bolt on wrong side and once the alignment was done, everything shifted enough to become squeky squeky...

Now resolved and feels and sounds good.

IMG_5266.JPG

Reactions: Rob5589
Next up underbody rust protection.

But I like how it's turned out so far. I know some here have doubts about the durability and longevity of the Zone lift that I put in. I will keep everyone posted on performance over time. Put for now it serves the purpose and pretty happy with results.

IMG_5261.JPG
Welcome thoughts on a few things.

The big Wrangler sticker on hood? Stay or take off? I've talked to friends local and there is mixed reviews but they aren't Jeep people.

Also looking for thoughts on replacement of current step up. On 3 inch lift. I'm not going to be a big off-roader but plan to do some easy m/medium trails end of this summer or next spring. If I get that off-road bug, I may be a little adventurous down the road.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Reactions: Zackz1997
Love what you've done so far but for me the silver pin-stripe has to go... the 'Wrangler' sticker hood I'm 50/50 on. Maybe change the font style for something else...it does look a bit dated or name your TJ and put that on the side.( like mine )
bruiser.jpeg

Pass me the beer and I'll be in a better position to comment truthfully...In the meantime, I'd take the Wrangler sticker off first, because it does look dated, then see what the pinstripe looks like and go from there. I see the little USA and Brazil flags there too...Looks clean!

Reactions: Steve Hoffman
If you do decide to remove your decals, its easy, just use a hairdryer to heat up the section your removing, then gently peel away the corner with a finger nail, then it should come right off. Afterward, use goo gone to remove any other sticky stuff. Finally, wash with soap and rinse with water...

LOVE THE BLUE!

If you do decide to remove your decals, its easy, just use a hairdryer to heat up the section your removing, then gently peel away the corner with a finger nail, then it should come right off. Afterward, use goo gone to remove any other sticky stuff. Finally, wash with soap and rinse with water...

LOVE THE BLUE!
Thanks for the advice on how to.... seems easy enough.

I little polish and a coat of wax after that cleaning will help diminish the ghosting.
Thanks. Sound advice. Can't tell in pics but thereafter a fair amount of scratches on doors and elsewhere that I need to touch up before polish and wax. Metal fabricating place I work at has full time professional painter on staff that says he can clean up Paint imperfections

Reactions: bobthetj03
I used some rubbing compound after I removed some decals and it removed nearly all the ghosting. If you are going to put another decal in the same place you need to wipe it down with denatured alcohol to remove all the compound.