Annual Colorado Trip

sac_Jeep

Been taking this trip with a SXS but Jeeps are where my heart is so I picked up a TJ about a month before our annual trip. Bone stock except some 31x10.5 KM3's. Added some misc parts, protection, recovery and rear LSD and loaded it on the trailer! We live in Louisiana so it takes us 2 days to get to the cabin in Breckenridge. From there we plan out which trails we are doing and go from there. We generally do a good mix of scenic trails and tough trails. Too many trails to list but some notable ones were Wheeler Lake, Holy Cross, Iron Cross and Chinaman Gulch. Scenic trails were around Leadville near Camp Hale, Buena Vista and of course Breck.
IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2225.JPG

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_7737.jpg

IMG_7741.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_6028.JPEG

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

Been taking this trip with a SXS but Jeeps are where my heart is so I picked up a TJ about a month before our annual trip. Bone stock except some 31x10.5 KM3's. Added some misc parts, protection, recovery and rear LSD and loaded it on the trailer! We live in Louisiana so it takes us 2 days to get to the cabin in Breckenridge. From there we plan out which trails we are doing and go from there. We generally do a good mix of scenic trails and tough trails. Too many trails to list but some notable ones were Wheeler Lake, Holy Cross, Iron Cross and Chinaman Gulch. Scenic trails were around Leadville near Camp Hale, Buena Vista and of course Breck.
View attachment 349639

View attachment 349640

View attachment 349641

View attachment 349643

View attachment 349644

View attachment 349645

View attachment 349646

View attachment 349647

View attachment 349648

View attachment 349660

View attachment 349661

View attachment 349649

View attachment 349650

View attachment 349659

View attachment 349651

View attachment 349652

View attachment 349653

View attachment 349654

View attachment 349655

View attachment 349656

View attachment 349657

View attachment 349658

I just took my tjon a national park hopping/wheeling trip and i have to say Colorado is one of my favorites!!

I live in Breck, if I knew you were coming I’d have been happy to play tour guide! Hit me up next year before you come out!

I sure will! Actually left the Jeep and the buggies up there, hopefully coming back pretty soon to sneak in a few more trails.

Those trails and rocks are perfect for a stock or mildly built TJ/LJ.

They were for sure. I passed on the days the SxS's did the really hard ones. To me, Holy Cross was the most challenging, especially because I am so stock. Iron Cross caused the most damage. Very start of it goes up 2 switchbacks and its a very loose packed rock garden. 31's and factory skids does not like loosely packed rocks.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Spectacular scenery...now stop posting this stuff. Some of us live in areas that are vertically challenged! ;)

I live here in CO and still can’t get enough of the beautiful scenery out on the trails and I go out every week during the summer. Still plenty of trails I haven’t yet explored too. I’ve started taking all the little off shoots as I’m not in any hurry. It’s amazing what you can find and see. However it’s getting harder and harder to get lost and not see anyone all weekend. The trails just keep getting more and more crowded.

Reactions: sac_Jeep
I was just in Buena Vista and Breckenridge a few weeks ago.
Wheeler lake and Chinaman Gulch were two of my favorites.
Same! We do Wheeler every year, 2nd time doing Chinaman.
Spectacular scenery...now stop posting this stuff. Some of us live in areas that are vertically challenged! ;)
Trust me.. I'm from Louisiana! We are way less vertically challenged that you. haha
I live here in CO and still can’t get enough of the beautiful scenery out on the trails and I go out every week during the summer. Still plenty of trails I haven’t yet explored too. I’ve started taking all the little off shoots as I’m not in any hurry. It’s amazing what you can find and see. However it’s getting harder and harder to get lost and not see anyone all weekend. The trails just keep getting more and more crowded.
Jealous! The scenery never gets old.