Another 06 LJ Rubicon with low miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extra money is for hobbies. Hobbies reach out a lot further that just Jeeps. There are many more car hobbies along with guns, air planes, etc.
Just like Chris has guitars. He will soon have boats also. You must keep your wife happy.
There are two things that screw a man up. The smell of gasoline and the smell of perfume.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
I keep circling back to my original point. Everybody rags on somebody for “overspending” on a mint low mile LJR, but then the people hazing the guys doing this are spending thousands on TJs that are nowhere in the same ballpark as equal value. I guess some people really do have more money than brains

Do not confuse personal value with market value. Everybody who owns anything values it more than they are able to sell it for, or else it would be sold.

Reactions: Chris
I keep circling back to my original point. Everybody rags on somebody for “overspending” on a mint low mile LJR, but then the people hazing the guys doing this are spending thousands on TJs that are nowhere in the same ballpark as equal value. I guess some people really do have more money than brains

It's nice that the guy who doesn't even own a Jeep is here to sprinkle his little bits of wisdom down on us.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Starrs
It's nice that the guy who doesn't even own a Jeep is here to sprinkle his little bits of wisdom down on us.
I’ve owned quite a few jeeps. I haven’t had one for a year and a half. Instead of going into debt just to have a Jeep I paid my house off and paid for my wedding in full. The next Jeep I have will be paid in full also. It’s not called wisdom it’s just called being responsible.

It is MUCH better to carry little to no debt. Unfortunately for the last couple of decades, businesses have trained everyone to buy on the installment plan.
Just $30 per month for that Brand New iPhone
Another $100 per month to actually be able to use the damn phone
Just $350 per month for that New Car

You see stories of new couples spending $50k on a wedding and financing the whole thing. THAT IS INSANE.
Trying to keep up with the Kardashians is impossible for 99% of the population, but people still try.

Bumpers? Anyone looking for an LJR should know how easy it is to buy and install factory bumpers. Cant believe that is an issue at all.
Yep, you want an LJR and it has ugly bumpers..... As a buyer that is a huge plus.
Same with angry grills which pretty much guarantee the stock grill has no rock chips.

It is MUCH better to carry little to no debt. Unfortunately for the last couple of decades, businesses have trained everyone to buy on the installment plan.
Just $30 per month for that Brand New iPhone
Another $100 per month to actually be able to use the damn phone
Just $350 per month for that New Car

You see stories of new couples spending $50k on a wedding and financing the whole thing. THAT IS INSANE.
Trying to keep up with the Kardashians is impossible for 99% of the population, but people still try.
All true, but the reason it gets done is due to 1,2,3 per cent interest. Everyone was relying on growth to fund the payments, not just guys buying RVs, Jeeps, Swimming Pools..... But businesses building showcase offices. All are counting on growth, expansion to make the payments. Today driving from Calgary to Edmonton 200 miles, I was amazed at the number of huge, new oil and gas buildings, yards empty and for sale. All built on the promise of growth, with zero anticipation of a recession or pandemic or sudden change to green, non fossil fuel, sustainable technologies. Alberta has been blind to what is actually happening globally.

Change happens and if you are building a life on credit, it might disappear overnite.

All true, but the reason it gets done is due to 1,2,3 per cent interest. Everyone was relying on growth to fund the payments, not just guys buying RVs, Jeeps, Swimming Pools..... But businesses building showcase offices. All are counting on growth, expansion to make the payments. Today driving from Calgary to Edmonton 200 miles, I was amazed at the number of huge, new oil and gas buildings, yards empty and for sale. All built on the promise of growth, with zero anticipation of a recession or pandemic or sudden change to green, non fossil fuel, sustainable technologies. Alberta has been blind to what is actually happening globally.

Change happens and if you are building a life on credit, it might disappear overnite.

Any chance you drove through Red Deer through those oil fields? Are you in that field of work?

I'm surprised at some of the prices people are asking for their TJ/LJ's when I look at stuff. But it's the same for FSJ Cherokee/Wagoneer now. Makes me wish I'd help onto the ones I had.
Heck what people want for CJ's now is crazy. I guess I have always known that you are lucky to get $0.20 on the dollar when trying to sell something.

Status
Not open for further replies.