Another CB radio SWR issue

I was thinking of getting 2 taillight mounts, one for CB on the driver side and one for 2M on the passenger side. Is that how yours is mounted, or do you prefer a front/rear setup? Also where are you finding SS or aluminum? I've only seen black powder coat.
Quadratec has the SS tail light mount, either driver or passenger side. CB World and Walcott radio have the aluminum, same mount works on either side I think. The SS is almost quite a bit more expensive. I am not sure yet which way I am going.

Reactions: Deputy Dodge
Quadratec has the SS tail light mount, either driver or passenger side. CB World and Walcott radio have the aluminum, same mount works on either side I think. The SS is almost quite a bit more expensive. I am not sure yet which way I am going.
The aluminum is a little thicker and works well. Aluminum is also a very good conductor (right after gold) so it'd work as well as the more costly SS.

Reactions: mrjp
Thanks again. Any issues with the aluminum with 3 screw holes being able to support a 3ft normal Firestik antenna. I guess I could always drill a hole and add a fourth screw if necessary.
Three screw holes are plenty. You're installing the kind that mounts between the tail light and tub right?

I was thinking of getting 2 taillight mounts, one for CB on the driver side and one for 2M on the passenger side. Is that how yours is mounted, or do you prefer a front/rear setup? Also where are you finding SS or aluminum? I've only seen black powder coat.
I have my gmrs antenna, and my CB antenna mounted on either taillight, both have acceptable SWRs :)

Reactions: SSTJ
Three screw holes are plenty. You're installing the kind that mounts between the tail light and tub right?
One more quick question. I have the aluminum driver’s side tail light bracket. Have taken off the tail light housing and have located the grommet on the inside left tub and the oblong hole under the tail light housing through which the tail light wiring goes. I wouould like to run my coax through the grommet and hole, but I do not see how I would then be able to re mount the tail light housing flush back onto the tub. The other way I see to route the coax would be in the bottom left hand corner where my soft top meets my tailgate. This would not be as clean looking, especially if I take off the soft top. Any suggestions?

One more quick question. I have the aluminum driver’s side tail light bracket. Have taken off the tail light housing and have located the grommet on the inside left tub and the oblong hole under the tail light housing through which the tail light wiring goes. I wouould like to run my coax through the grommet and hole, but I do not see how I would then be able to re mount the tail light housing flush back onto the tub. The other way I see to route the coax would be in the bottom left hand corner where my soft top meets my tailgate. This would not be as clean looking, especially if I take off the soft top. Any suggestions?
After giving up finding a cleaner way of doing it, I took the simple way out on both (CB/ham) of my antennas. I simply drilled a hole through the tub barely larger than the coax in the least noticeable location. After smoothing the hole I passed the cable through it. I did add a layer of protective heat shrink insulation around the coax where it passes through.

Reactions: SSTJ