Another lift thread...

Eric at Metalcloak told me that their front track bar wouldn't work with a 2" lift... so I find it interesting that it will in fact work with the OME 2 1/2" lift. This is why I always try to talk to folks that have been there and done that.

Eric at Metalcloak told me that their front track bar wouldn't work with a 2" lift... so I find it interesting that it will in fact work with the OME 2 1/2" lift. This is why I always try to talk to folks that have been there and done that.

I agree. Currie also says that their Currectlync steering (which I run) doesn't work well under 4" (at least I believe I read that somewhere), but it seems to work just fine on my 2.5" OME lift without any issues.

It's always better to talk to people who have done things because it seems that no two Jeeps are exactly alike.

I wouldn't say he's the suspension guru, but definitely an OME guru.

I believe I went with the 932's springs up front and 942's in the rear. When I install my winch, I'll see if I need to get a spacer or a higher rate or not.

Yup, and it looks like I'm back to piecing this thing together to try to get it right the first time, or at least close to right. Please keep the insights coming, this is very helpful...

Off to work now...

Reactions: Chris and PStov98TJ
Well think about where he's coming from. They designed it to work with their 3.5" lift. If he tells you it'll work the same, then you buy it and it doesn't, who is at fault? And he's right, it doesn't work exactly the same. On their lift, it requires absolutely 0 bumpstop extension. On my lift, it requires just a tad.

Reactions: Chris
I agree. Currie also says that their Currectlync steering (which I run) doesn't work well under 4" (at least I believe I read that somewhere), but it seems to work just fine on my 2.5" OME lift without any issues.

It's always better to talk to people who have done things because it seems that no two Jeeps are exactly alike.
What did you have to do to get it to work? Any extra bumpstop?

What did you have to do to get it to work? Any extra bumpstop?

Give or take ~1.25" of bumpstop... So almost the same as yours.

It's worth it though, when you compare the Currectlync to the stock steering side-by-side (which I did) you just smile with joy... It's incredibly beefy!

I've seen the pictures. Crazy that it can take the amount of deflection it does and just spring back to place.

I know, it's pretty awesome. Easily one of my favorite upgrades along with the Antirock. But, that just goes back to what we talked about last time... Anything made by Currie is awesome!

Reactions: PStov98TJ
I know, it's pretty awesome. Easily one of my favorite upgrades along with the Antirock. But, that just goes back to what we talked about last time... Anything made by Currie is awesome!
I'm most jealous of that Antirock. I want one so bad.

I'm most jealous of that Antirock. I want one so bad.

It's the best thing ever. I really wish I had been smart and went with in the first place instead of buying JKS discos and then having to sell them.

That's one of the areas I think most new Jeep owners are so oblivious to, is disconnects.

You go on almost any Jeep forum and one of the first things they tell you to get is disconnects. Most of these guys have no clue what an Antirock is or how it even works. If they did, they wouldn't be pushing discos so much.

I've wheeled with both, and the Antirock gives you much better control, especially on off-camber trails. With the disconnects the body is just moving all over the place and sometimes it gets a bit scary.

And it doesn't help that the JK Rubi's have an electric disconnect… People think that the two models are comparable when they aren't.

And it doesn't help that the JK Rubi's have an electric disconnect… People think that the two models are comparable when they aren't.

Oh god... I've heard nothing but bad things about those electric disconnects. One more thing to break if you ask me...

I agree. And you've gotta be pretty level for it to disconnect from what I understand. More trouble than it's worth.

I've never actually seen how the electronic disconnect works so I don't know first hand. But yes, it's just one of those things that will probably very easily break, especially if you start doing some more serious wheeling.

That's why the Antirock is perfect, you don't have to disconnect it :D