Any CA Uber / Lyft drivers on here that are in touch with the issues?

What the fuck does that mean? You posted that your view that folks who are weak and unable to pay for healthcare should be allowed to die and that MIGHT be considered a harsh view. No, that is a harsh view, no fucking might about it. There is no name calling involved, observation yes, but no names involved.

I assumed that was what you meant. 🤷‍♂️

And your putting words in my mouth and making assumptions that don’t exist. I never once said people who are weak and unable to pay should die. Project much? I did say the community should be stepping up for those who cannot help themselves. This includes people of means, churches and the like. It’s how it was once done.

You made it sound like I said fuck poor and sick people. Not once did I say it, but it’s a good straw man to build to discount the view point I have. 👍

There’s some philosophy there that my engineer brain can’t grasp.

That’s why I prefer the leave me the hell alone and I’ll take care of myself political party.
My preference would be for us to go back to a time when the parties in power did their jobs with the full intent of taking care of US with each side performing checks and balances for the other side with an eye on the eventual compromise that satisfied neither but worked in OUR favor. Instead, each has managed to weaponize whatever power they have and use that to try and gain more power to stay in office longer.

You are not wrong, which is why we ended up in this situation to begin with. Once the government was given control over aspects of our lives where it made not even knowing your neighbors name or seeing friends at church a thing of the past, we lost what was once good with society.

My idea won’t work with current society. That is why we need a full correction and honestly, people will die due to it. People die everyday. It’s reality and self reliance and community reliance needs to be a thing again.
Here is where it goes to shit. You and your fucking false equivalency to justify death. Yeah folks die, that doesn't mean that more dying due to a correction is okay. Those are your words, not mine. So no, I didn't call you names then, all I said was might was not a strong enough word.

My preference would be for us to go back to a time when the parties in power did their jobs with the full intent of taking care of US with each side performing checks and balances for the other side with an eye on the eventual compromise that satisfied neither but worked in OUR favor. Instead, each has managed to weaponize whatever power they have and use that to try and gain more power to stay in office longer.

Term limits and insider trading needs to go away, take out the money and power, you get people who are there for the right reasons.

Here is where it goes to shit. You and your fucking false equivalency to justify death. Yeah folks die, that doesn't mean that more dying due to a correction is okay. Those are your words, not mine. So no, I didn't call you names then, all I said was might was not a strong enough word.

And your point being? I still stand by what I said and people will die, you think you can just change things to almost a complete opposite and not lose a single soul? This is the emotional issue that people use to further their perceived correctness.

I never said weak and people unable to pay should die. You own that, not me. I made a general statement that is not false. You read it how you want.

I think the federal govt’s role is to keep us safe and to stay out of nearly everything else. Ie building interstates falls under a defense plan.

We shouldn’t be the police of the world nor should the feds be deciding what’s the necessary equipment or lack there of to use a certain restroom.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Rick Flair
VnUa0W9.jpg

We shouldn’t be the police of the world

In a perfect world that would be a very nice thing. In the real world, that doesn't fly and won't ever fly. It is difficult to fathom that there are other folks across the oceans who would derive no greater pleasure than to unleash any manner of weapons of mass destruction on US soil. We can police them there or we can police them here but they do need to be policed. I'd rather it not be here.

nor should the feds be deciding what’s the necessary equipment or lack there of to use a certain restroom.
Was about to respond with something related to ADA and then it dawned on me you were talking biology, I think.

I assumed that was what you meant. 🤷‍♂️

And your putting words in my mouth and making assumptions that don’t exist. I never once said people who are weak and unable to pay should die. Project much? I did say the community should be stepping up for those who cannot help themselves. This includes people of means, churches and the like. It’s how it was once done.

You made it sound like I said fuck poor and sick people. Not once did I say it, but it’s a good straw man to build to discount the view point I have. 👍

I think his point is, and I agree, is that many communities/churches do not have the resources to help. In the olden days, this resulted premature death. So what happens when the community is unable to help?

In that world, those people die. You can accept it as a fact and have people call you a monster or whatever. Or you can recognize that maybe all communities do not have the capacity to serve their members and say...maybe other healthcare options would prolong life. I am clearly in camp a, but I do not believe "we are all in this together." I believe we are a moment away from Lord of the Flies and as such, it's every man for himself. It's a darker view of the nature of man...but it is what it is.

We shouldn’t be the police of the world nor should the feds be deciding what’s the necessary equipment or lack there of to use a certain restroom.

People say that until there's a genocide and think we should do something. Then they get mad because we do something.

It always brings up the contrast between Hotel Rawanda vs Black Hawk Down.

In a perfect world that would be a very nice thing. In the real world, that doesn't fly and won't ever fly. It is difficult to fathom that there are other folks across the oceans who would derive no greater pleasure than to unleash any manner of weapons of mass destruction on US soil. We can police them there or we can police them here but they do need to be policed. I'd rather it not be here.

Was about to respond with something related to ADA and then it dawned on me you were talking biology, I think.
Sure but there’s nothing wrong with walking softly and carrying a big stick. Our stick has become a #2 pencil.