Any CA Uber / Lyft drivers on here that are in touch with the issues?

Where was this tried and considered a failure? You are still talking about insurance and HSA’s suck like the rest of insurance.

You take out the insurance, you take out the government and let the market do it’s thing. You think any private company would survive and stay open if people could not afford the product or service?

No, this is what it would take to make health care affordable and let people invest their own money as they see fit. You get a higher wage since the company doesn’t have to have expensive health care plans, you save up like you would for retirement or invest that money and prepare. I can’t believe that the concept as simple as that is is hard to understand.

The only way that works is if people are allowed to die. Just like today they are allowed to go hungry if they don’t buy food or Jeepless If they can’t buy a Jeep. Price effects due to supply and demand only work if the demand can be zero and the only way it can be zero is if people who cannot afford or choose not to afford die from that circumstance.

Reactions: Rick Flair
The only way that works is if people are allowed to die. Just like today they are allowed to go hungry if they don’t buy food or Jeepless If they can’t buy a Jeep. Price effects due to supply and demand only work if the demand can be zero and the only way it can be zero is if people who cannot afford or choose not to afford die from that circumstance.

And once again, it happens and really, communities will take care of those who are in need. But my views might be considered harsh but as a fan of very small government, it what needs to happen.

Reactions: Apparition
And once again, it happens and really, communities will take care of those who are in need. But my views might be considered harsh but as a fan of very small government, it what needs to happen.

I am not confident that actually happens. Especially if the community is homogeneous and the person needing help is “different” I don’t think you are being harsh because I agree with you. The difference is I’m more cynical about the community’s willingness and ability to support and a result, I accept some people will die sooner and of different causes than they otherwise would.

They are simply technology providers. Airbnb facilitates rentals in places where they are illegal such as regular residential zoned properties. Ride-share companies allow drivers to charge for rides like taxis but they don't meet the basic requirements of a taxi service. Kinda like Napster provided a platform to allow illegal activities but said they were just a technology corporation and not bound by the action of their users. All these cases seem to have one thing in common, one big company that want's to separate itself from what users of it's technology are doing. It doesn't work in the long run.
The difference is napster didn't direct its users to do anything. Uber, Lyft, Door Dash etc. are directing their contractors and paying them for following that direction.

I think might is far too mild of a word in this case.

I am not confident that actually happens. Especially if the community is homogeneous and the person needing help is “different” I don’t think you are being harsh because I agree with you. The difference is I’m more cynical about the community’s willingness and ability to support and a result, I accept some people will die sooner and of different causes than they otherwise would.

You are not wrong, which is why we ended up in this situation to begin with. Once the government was given control over aspects of our lives where it made not even knowing your neighbors name or seeing friends at church a thing of the past, we lost what was once good with society.

My idea won’t work with current society. That is why we need a full correction and honestly, people will die due to it. People die everyday. It’s reality and self reliance and community reliance needs to be a thing again.

You are not wrong, which is why we ended up in this situation to begin with. Once the government was given control over aspects of our lives where it made not even knowing your neighbors name or seeing friends at church a thing of the past, we lost what was once good with society.

My idea won’t work with current society. That is why we need a full correction and honestly, people will die due to it. People die everyday. It’s reality and self reliance and community reliance needs to be a thing again.
Humanity was replaced by govt handouts

• USA Proud
Humanity was replaced by govt handouts
Was it or was the .gov the main resource available to try and mitigate the plight of the jobless, starving populace during the Great Depression? It is very hard to rely on your neighbor's humanity when even the slightest gift to you may have meant their children go hungry.

To be very clear, I am not a fan of big government, not a fan of our tax system, not a fan of most anything they manage to fuck up. I just try to understand how it gets this way and use that to not allow myself to go insane railing against the inevitable reality of it all.

The Great Depression was a horrible time but in no way does that time period excuse the government for taking control and the population so eager to give it over during a rough time in our history. This is sounding familiar with current events.

A person who gives up liberty for security deserves nether.

Reactions: Apparition
I’m right here.
What the fuck does that mean? You posted that your view that folks who are weak and unable to pay for healthcare should be allowed to die and that MIGHT be considered a harsh view. No, that is a harsh view, no fucking might about it. There is no name calling involved, observation yes, but no names involved.

Was it or was the .gov the main resource available to try and mitigate the plight of the jobless, starving populace during the Great Depression? It is very hard to rely on your neighbor's humanity when even the slightest gift to you may have meant their children go hungry.

To be very clear, I am not a fan of big government, not a fan of our tax system, not a fan of most anything they manage to fuck up. I just try to understand how it gets this way and use that to not allow myself to go insane railing against the inevitable reality of it all.
There’s some philosophy there that my engineer brain can’t grasp.

That’s why I prefer the leave me the hell alone and I’ll take care of myself political party.