Any CA Uber / Lyft drivers on here that are in touch with the issues?

Universal healthcare should be a basic right. We can find 500 billion to invest in blowing other countries up and allow individuals and companies to accrue massive wealth that they can't spend in 100 lifetimes. Capitalism with no democratic responsibility gives you a predatory capitalism with a gross wealth income inequality with the poor and mass population fighting for crumbs.

It’s not a right. It never should be. This is a slope you don’t want to slide down. Talk to anyone that lives with government ran universal health care and most don’t like it for anything more than a simple cold or simple medicine. Waiting for weeks/months to get surgery and death panels doesn’t sound so great.

I have many friends that have VA benefits and they hate it. That’s a perfect example of government ran health care and it SUCKS.

I’m not advocating for the wars, some have been needed others not so much.

But I want private industry running health care. Let a Dr. open a small clinic, cash only. Let the pharmacy run independent and watch prices drop. It will also improve care as now it’s a business and can adapt and treat as needed. My next door neighbor operates like this, he saves about $1200 a month and if someone gets sick, they pay cash. He said you can also negotiate with hospitals with cash payments. My son broke his arm, needed surgery and it cost my insurance company $32k.

His daughter broke hers, needed surgery and he paid $12k in cash.

you take out government oversight it will and has worked.

Reactions: Apparition
What percentage of the US working populace could drop that kind of cash on anything? I'll bet the average person in the US couldn't pay that bill if it was 1/12 of that in cash.

Most can’t. But you missed my point. The prices are SOOO inflated by insurance and government oversight, it’s a a broken system.

You open it up and once hospitals don’t deal with insurance or the government, you see care for up and prices fall to what people will and can afford. Simple economics.
The other side of argument is that it kills innovation. Not so, it would drive it further with more thought and competition to develop better products, medicine and offer it at a price that will drive up use, therefore profit.

Most can’t. But you missed my point. The prices are SOOO inflated by insurance and government oversight, it’s a a broken system.

You open it up and once hospitals don’t deal with insurance or the government, you see care for up and prices fall to what people will and can afford. Simple economics.
The other side of argument is that it kills innovation. Not so, it would drive it further with more thought and competition to develop better products, medicine and offer it at a price that will drive up use, therefore profit.
Hospitals charge the insurance companies the maximum they can get away with, like you said, inflated. But I don’t know very much about the actual medical collusion between both, I just fight for oil 🇺🇸

Not sure if I’m late to the party to say this but I happen to hear a radio commercial this morning where Uber teamed up with Clorox Beach wipes and all Uber drivers are to have them in the car and they are suppose to text you when they arrive to pick you up and let you k ow they have wipes😂

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat

You know that this has already been tried and considered a failure? High deductible plans force the individuals to "price search" and find lower cost options. Guess what this causes. People deferring health care and compounding costs when the small issues become bigger later on. The system we have now is broken. I'm not saying government is the answer. Saving money in an envelope may work for when your dog gets sick but most are put down when a major surgery is needed. I guess we should just do that with humans too because no one will be able to afford preventable issues.

Anybody think this is similar to airbnb?
Off the top of my head without studying it any at all, no. The only way it would be similar to Airbnb is if the cars were being rented and driven by the renter. Competing against Hertz, Enterprise, U-Haul, etc..

Why do they charge so much?
The medical industrial complex, very similar to military industrial complex. Why did the army previously pay over $5 per roll of toilet paper? Shkreli raised the price of anti-parisitic drug Daraprim to $750 a pill, from $13.50, in 2015, when he was chief executive of Turing Pharmaceuticals simply because he could and insurance would pay it. I think the entire medical system is corrupt from top down.

The medical industrial complex, very similar to military industrial complex. Why did the army previously pay over $5 per roll of toilet paper? Shkreli raised the price of anti-parisitic drug Daraprim to $750 a pill, from $13.50, in 2015, when he was chief executive of Turing Pharmaceuticals simply because he could and insurance would pay it.
Any of ya'll know anyone in the medical insurance business?

You know that this has already been tried and considered a failure? High deductible plans force the individuals to "price search" and find lower cost options. Guess what this causes. People deferring health care and compounding costs when the small issues become bigger later on. The system we have now is broken. I'm not saying government is the answer. Saving money in an envelope may work for when your dog gets sick but most are put down when a major surgery is needed. I guess we should just do that with humans too because no one will be able to afford preventable issues.

Where was this tried and considered a failure? You are still talking about insurance and HSA’s suck like the rest of insurance.

You take out the insurance, you take out the government and let the market do it’s thing. You think any private company would survive and stay open if people could not afford the product or service?

No, this is what it would take to make health care affordable and let people invest their own money as they see fit. You get a higher wage since the company doesn’t have to have expensive health care plans, you save up like you would for retirement or invest that money and prepare. I can’t believe that the concept as simple as that is is hard to understand.

Also, look into Direct Primary Care. This is what we have and it’s the future of healthcare. We really like it and the cost is reasonable.

This is what Amazon and Berkshire Hathway are working on implementing for their employees.