Any carpenters here know how to fix a rotten door?

Nope. Door is out for good. I'm boarding it up loosely for tonight and framing it for a window tomorrow.

But I'm inclined to just put a foam board in instead of a window and waiting to install windows next year. But I'm excited to see what your idea is.

Reactions: AndyG
Nope. Door is out for good. I'm boarding it up loosely for tonight and framing it for a window tomorrow.

But I'm inclined to just put a foam board in instead of a window and waiting to install windows next year. But I'm excited to see what your idea is.
10-4

Anything you can do short term to protect any bare wood is good-

I’d get some 12” asphalt based , foil coated flashing tape, tape the sill and roll it into the opening 3-4” and do the same for the jambs then the head of the opening , in that order, then put the board on- Lowes sells a good one.

If you look at some videos you’ll see how to flash the corners, the Zip system has a tape that bends in corners real well and is compatible with about any other tape

The corners are both the hardest and the most critical- Basically they don’t typically get done right and that’s where you see problems-

I’ll go deeper into it asap guy-

We have a 3 hour drive ahead of us back home-

Glad to help, we want to see all this go well for you.

Andy

Reactions: Mrs Tox
Rain keeps delaying us. But we got one in!

20220524_153801.jpg

Thanks! I noted your advice on non-woven house wrap for next year. For now it was the cheapest option instead of siding.

Sounds good- I saw you on my multi function switch thread and was looking for some love back 😁

It wasn’t bad to change I just didn’t know how to do it

• Haha
Reactions: toximus
Sounds good- I saw you on my multi function switch thread and was looking for some love back 😁

It wasn’t bad to change I just didn’t know how to do it

Anytime! 🤣

Seriously though, I'm glad you got it replaced. It should have been a pretty straight forward process once you start opening it up.

Reactions: AndyG