Any ideas what this is?

Billwynburger

TJ Enthusiast
Any ideas what this little tube is for? I'm guessing it's some kind of vent. I'm reasonably sure I'm taking in water through it when going through deep water holes. I thought maybe it was connected to the drain under the cowl but I verified it is not. If it is a vent maybe it's missing something like a check valve?

It's on the firewall, passenger side., the 2nd pic is a close up.

Thanks

vent1.jpeg

vent2.jpeg

It shouldn't leak inside the vehicle on the floor board though should it?
It shouldn’t. Although I’ve not heard of it on a TJ condensate drains can become plugged with debris and eventually backup condensate (water) in the evaporator box enough to leak into the cab on some vehicles.
You could also look at the heater/evaporator box under the dash and see if it’s cracked.

Reactions: Billwynburger
It shouldn’t. Although I’ve not heard of it on a TJ condensate drains can become plugged with debris and eventually backup condensate (water) in the evaporator box enough to leak into the cab on some vehicles.
You could also look at the heater/evaporator box under the dash and see if it’s cracked.

Thank you I appreciate it, I'll get in there and check it out.

Are you still worried about this issue?

I had a water leak inside my jeep, passenger side, it was driving me crazy. I couldn't find out where it was coming from. I cleaned out the inside cowl drain, checked AC lines for condensate, roof, door seals, wind shield, floor boards, and drain plugs. During a heavy rain water was seeping in running down the firewall. Turns out the cowl to hood seal was leaking right above the air conditioning lines where they go through the firewall. The foam that surrounds the lines would become soaked like a wet sponge and water would leak in like a sieve flooding the passenger side floor board. I replaced the cowl seal and put a light coat of flex seal on the foam around the AC lines just in case and the problem was finally solved.

Thank you for asking.

Bill

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Well, there may be a lot of reason for leakage in the tube. Check your valve whether it is in good condition or not. I know that the vent pipe is used for removing water from the home. Proper maintenance of equipment will not cause such leakage of water. Click over here to contact a highly skilled professional that troubleshoot your problem.