Any lighter wheels in black that look similar to the Pro Comp wheels?

04RedLJ

TJ Enthusiast
Are there any lighter aluminum black wheels that look similar to my black steel pro comp D wheels? Im
Running a 15x8 steel and want to go lighter...

Cast aluminum wheels are not that much lighter than steel, there's typically only something like a 3-7 lb. difference between them and steel wheels which doesn't really make a significant difference. Forged aluminum is lighter since it can be made thinner but being forged makes them a LOT more expensive.

To me, the 3-7 lb. difference per wheel is insignificant and not, by itself, a reason to switch to aluminum. There are other benefits like steel being far easier to dent and bend but if making a change, understand that performance or better braking is not going to be significantly better with aluminum. What makes the biggest difference in performance or braking? The diameter of the tire. The bigger the diameter, the more leverage it has over both the engine and the brakes.

Reactions: BugoutJeep
The 15x8 steel Pro Comps are 28 pounds each. The 15x8 aluminum Pro Comps are 16 pounds each. I’ll take a 48 pound total rolling weight reduction any day...

Reactions: Fouledplugs
This is what I went to from the steel wheels. Definitely lighter...

Pro Comp aluminum wheels
Me too!

EC056B3C-F210-4E62-AB1C-FC27ABBDCB65.jpeg

I think ET sells some gloss black versions. The ones I saw though were chrome and black.

J100600_alt1?wid=810&hei=608&op_usm=0.jpg