Any lighter wheels in black that look similar to the Pro Comp wheels?

So if I wanted a 10.5 inch wide tire to be just under the fender, what back spacing do you suggest on a 15’?

So if I wanted a 10.5 inch wide tire to be just under the fender, what back spacing do you suggest on a 15’?
Most aftermarket wheels are 4.5" backspacing or less. You want the higher backspacing to keep them tucked in. Willys Jeep has 4" backspacing with 10.5" wide tires.
RR (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

jeep 33s (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Last edited:
Is it better to get the 15x8 or 15x10?
A 15x10 with the same backspacing as a 15x8 will stick out 2” further. If you’re trying to keep them under the fender flares, you don’t want a 10”. Also, an 8” rim will hold the bead better when aired down than would a 10”.

I’m not a fan of tires outside the flares. I run a 10.5” tire on a 7” wide wheel.

Ok so I’m buying 33x10.5x15 tires on 15x8 wheel.
I should go with a 3.75 or 4.5 backspacing this should put the tires under the flares. Right at the edge.

Correct ?

Looks like the steel 3.75 are out of stock ..

Last edited:
Ok so I’m buying 33x10.5x15 tires on 15x8 wheel.
I should go with a 3.75 or 4.5 backspacing this should put the tires under the flares. Right at the edge.

Correct ?

Looks like the steel 3.75 are out of stock ..

What flares do you have? I believe either of those wheels will stick out with the standard flares.

Here's a 33x10.5 on a 15x7 with 3.75" BS on a Sahara flare, which is 1" wider than the standard flares. Notice that he's right at the edge with the 7" wheels and wider flares. Standard flares and a 8" wide rim with equal BS would equate to > 1" more tire outside of the flare.

Of note, the Rubicon, Sahara, and some special edition models had 1" wider flares. The easy way to tell which flares yours are is if they're painted vs not (smooth vs textured).

img_8659-cr2-jpg.jpg

img_8711-cr2-jpg.jpg

Photos borrowed from this thread. There are quite a few examples in that thread of various 33x10.5 with various flares and backspacings to give you an idea of what to expect from your setup.

Last edited:
This has gained my curiosity! I don't care for tire height but more for width, Wider tires look better to me but perhaps its because I am a 60,s child? I would like 29 x 11.5,s but they dont seem to be available, I have Sahara flares on my 65th I think they are 4 1/4. Hight aside how wide can I go on stock 15 alloys? If I change wheels will they have to be 8 inch? sort of got my heart set on MT classic 111 alloys for look value but haven't enquired yet and want to do it right if I am going to waste my 6 month old wildpeaks that are only 9.5 wide.

I am in a minority here where I believe TJ,s look better without lift and higher tires! Its all about proportion and off roading percentage V on road use to me! I would rather a 29 x11.5 0r 12.5 than a 31 or 33 that just makes the tire look the same width as a 29 x 9.5 :)

Last edited:
A 3.75 makes the wheel stick out more then a 4.5 correct? Or is it the other way?

Correct. If the two rims are the same width, the wheel with 3.75" BS will stick out 0.75" more than the wheel with 4.5" BS. One thing to keep in mind is that the tradeoff is the rim with more BS will also have more potential points of interference between the tire and various points on the chassis / axle / etc., especially at full steering lock. It's a balancing act.

I had Blackrock 909s on my JK. It’s an aluminum D style. Satin black center with silver painted lip. Loved the look. The black was pretty durable but the silver lips couldn’t stand up the NE winters. Got pitted in a few years.

I just pulled the trigger on a set of those Pro Comp Series 69 linked on Amazon. Coming from steelies, what lug nuts do I need?