Any opinions on this 2006 TJ would be greatly appreciated

Robert Dutruch

2006 TJ, 4.0 automatic, 1.75” Daystar Lift, New 31x10.5 BFG KO2s, 66k miles, soft top only. Any thoughts, wisdom or advice would be greatly appreciated... asking 12.5k. Best regards, rd

2006 1.jpg

2006 2.jpg

2006 3.jpg

2006 4.jpg

2006 5.jpg

2006 6.jpg

2006 7.jpg

2006 8.jpg

Yeah that price is really high but I also noticed the mileage as well . . . for 12K you should be able to get a Rubicon, either a TJ or LJ truthfully. I don't know the market down in Louisiana but that seems really high!

Looks like it has been well taken care of. If you're paying top dollar this is what I'd be looking for. It doesn't look like it was abused at all.

Looks pretty clean, and nice low miles. I just paid 8k for my 2006 with 63k miles, 2 inch lift, and 31x10.5s about a month ago. The price is a little high on that one, but the undercarriage does look a little cleaner than mine.

I want to see photos of the frame where the skid plate is attached to it. That's one of the most common areas for rust.

It is indeed priced much to high though.

Reactions: Sancho
That's really clean. I guess I don't know the market there...I don't think 12.500 is too bad, especially for as rust free as it seems.

Before you buy it though, what do you want to do with it? Dana 35 is a bit of a bummer, as it will need to be strengthened or replaced to run bigger tires. Not a big fan of budget boosts either, but if you're just looking for a cruise around summer vehicle, that can be a nice one!

If that's indeed zero rust and 66,000 miles, the price isn't that unreasonable. Dana 35 should bring the price down a little, but that's easily a $10,000 Jeep if not more—at least where I am, anyway.

In my opinion the seller knows what they have and they are going to ask all they can get.. they may sell for less but they're going to see what this thing will bring.

It's a nice TJ they're just starting where they feel is the top of what the market will bear.

If somebody wants one that's really clean and is not going to settle otherwise they're probably going to stroke a check.

Also yellow is often a very highly desired color .

If you really want it you might negotiate with....but don't negotiate yourself out of the deal.

If you get one like that for quite a bit less it's going to be a little bit of an outlier.

Reactions: Sancho
Is it a salvage title by any chance?

Any flood damage?

What are other similar Jeeps selling for in your region?

Overall looks good, expect him to budge a bit.. maybe down to $11 or $11.5? You can talk about needing to get a new OPDA for good measure.. and it has half doors.

Also at that age.. the body and frame bushings might be worn out... these can be talking points to reduce the price a bit.

Where is the Jeep from cause it looks pretty clean and with low mileage. Its a good idea to get a carfax to see where its been living. Price a little high for a TJ but with the low mileage forgivable if it was a LJ definitely would be a bargin.

Yeah, this is LJ pricing. It looks very nice and the low miles are a bonus. But Dana 35 rear and being a TJ with soft top and half doors, they have priced themselves too high. While I personally love me a soft top and half doors most people that are just looking to get into the Jeep brand want a hard top and full doors. As crazy as that sounds.

Just a follow up... this sold yesterday afternoon for $12.5k... before I could even get a chance to look at it up close. My sincerest appreciation for all the advice, wisdom and commentary... Best regards, rd

The price for jeeps will be a bit higher here in Louisiana, but the upside is that you rarely see a rotting frame from road salt. I bought my 2005 Rubicon last year with around 110k miles for 13 grand cash from a private party. The body and paint were in great shape and it wasn't really screwed with as far as funky lifts or wiring. I knew exactly what I wanted and what I could compromise and I had my funds ready. Down here, clean TJs that are reasonably priced only allow you a day or two to pull the trigger, then they are gone.

I do all my own wrenching and I am currently working in the area if you need an extra set of eyes on a prospective buy. I would be happy to assist

Thanks Bofa... That is exactly what I am seeing... and no one really wants to back off their price, but with quick buyers pulling the trigger, I guess they don't have too! And you better have cash in your pocket :) Thanks for the offer... as a rookie TJ'er, it is greatly appreciated! Best regards, rd