Anyone else into RC rock crawling?

oldschoolsdime92

TJ Enthusiast
I've been into RC for years, but recently have decided to step into the scale crawling realm. I love it. I purchased an axial scx10 deadbolt and Wheeled it around the house for awhile and had a small course set up in the garage. My wife came out and gave it a try and was hooked. So I purchased her an scx10 also, with a JKU body. While there are some minor differences between the two trucks( body, driveshafts, ESC,wheels) they are the same chassis,servo,axles,tires,rx/tx.

4D54B8D8-89D4-44A2-BF6C-379B21C9B058_zpsxwa9o9sh.jpg

42347166-FBEB-4D72-9B49-48CAF3020AB7_zpsnxucis0y.jpg

Those are very cool! I'm not into RC rock crawling, but I am into RC cars and airplanes. I've got several RC planes and a Traxxas X-Maxx.

Haha ! That's what I was shooting for. The iPhone 6 camera really impresses me. I can't wait to get out with the DSLR

Haha ! That's what I was shooting for. The iPhone 6 camera really impresses me. I can't wait to get out with the DSLR

I agree, it's a great camera!

Yep, I suppose with scale stuff like this, the "real" look is what you're going for. In this case, you did indeed fool me on first glance!

I've been wanting one for a long time but I can't justify the prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, they are stupid insane! That's why I got out of RC stuff finally. It's just so expensive, and I have other hobbies that I value more than the RC stuff. Still, very cool stuff if you can afford the hobby.

Reactions: Blank
I know, they are stupid insane! That's why I got out of RC stuff finally. It's just so expensive, and I have other hobbies that I value more than the RC stuff. Still, very cool stuff if you can afford the hobby.
I was just thinking I could have bought 3 new RC crawlers for what my new tires & wheels for the TJ cost me haha

Reactions: Chris
Well... fast forward and this hobby has gotten fully out of control. I’ve recently built an rc4wd trail finder 2 LWB.

View attachment 24072

View attachment 24073

Upload the full size versions if you could. Those ones are too small to make out.

I hear you though, the RC hobby is expensive and addicting. I got out of surface RC stuff and into planes, which is a whole different animal.

Reactions: oldschoolsdime92
Sorry about that! Yes, airplanes are a vastly different situation. I like this because my 3 year old can be involved.

BDC7BF28-2B89-4D6A-A0A4-B638615759E0.png

94FF0A21-F0CE-4AD4-8A5A-180CA87B20B7.png

41E94BCE-02AA-47FF-93DF-69F57E4EDC1D.png

Reactions: JMT
Sorry about that! Yes, airplanes are a vastly different situation. I like this because my 3 year old can be involved.

Very nice, I like it! And yes, I hear you. The surface is something kids can be much more involved with. I got into airplanes because I wanted more of a challenge, but also because our backyard happens to be the most amazing place to fly planes... I'm talking about 200 feet high on top of the hill, overlooking everything, without a single obstruction in the way of flying... It's truly amazing in terms of flying planes.