Anyone have photos of a 2 inch lift on 32s or 33s?

Can y’all explain the HD OME lift? I see all the other various aftermarket lifts everywhere. What’s the diff? I musta missed class that day...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There is nothing special, except that OME has several spring rates and lengths available that can typically get you between 0-3" of lift.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Wish this photo was from the other side...sort of hard to see the flare/tire relationship.
06192018936.jpg
06192018938.jpg

OME offers light duty and heavy duty springs. They actually have more than just that too.

Light duty for stock vehicles. Heavy duty if you heavy items like winch, bumpers, racks, lots of gear, etc.

7C7A5EF3-1216-409D-8BF2-E0273F3129AF.jpeg

Can y’all explain the HD OME lift? I see all the other various aftermarket lifts everywhere. What’s the diff? I musta missed class that day...

I think they are talking about the “Old Man Emu” lifts.

I think they are talking about lifts by “Old Man Emu”

FD665FA7-C9AF-4C1E-A5B1-4DD5E87749B7.jpeg

C32544A3-3F14-41AC-9926-4DAA4BD82AC5.jpeg

2 inch HD OME with 33’s (32.8 to be exact)

No issues with rubbing they do look a little smooshed into the wheel well. Planning on a BL next to hopefully fix that

View attachment 92111

Getting back to my question of how much lift is enough for a given tire size, how much bump stop did you add to keep the tires out of the front fender sheet metal? Was the spring lift sufficient to recover the lost suspension up travel after the required amount of bump stop?

I ran 285's on 2.5" OME springs and a 1.25" body lift. I cycled my suspension and had to add 2" bump stops to keep the tires out of the fenders. I couldn't imagine fitting 33's without the body lift.

Getting back to my question of how much lift is enough for a given tire size, how much bump stop did you add to keep the tires out of the front fender sheet metal? Was the spring lift sufficient to recover the lost suspension up travel after the required amount of bump stop?

I think they are running around in circles with their hands against their ears brah.

It is as long as the compromises are realized and understood.

For the purposes of understanding the compromises, if a modification reduces the suspension's upward travel to less than the ~4" that came from the factory, then that aspect of the Jeep's capabilities has been reduced compared to stock. 33" tall tires on 2" of lift fall cleanly into that category. Accommodations can be made so that the Jeep won't damage itself, but it's capabilities have still been diminished.

Reactions: bobthetj03

Sorry thought y’all were talking about OME orig manu equip ..that’s what you get from owning a few CJ5s years ago and chasing new old stock haha. Old Man Emu ..forgot about them. Back to the thread...

OEM. Original equipment manufacturer. OME. Old man emu. Close, but not even close. My eyes read them wrong all the time. I stop and double check it every time I see one of them. I read it wrong the first time roughly half the time.