Anyone installed SafeTCap to repair frame rust?

Hey tjcase, did you get your frame fixed? If so please let us know what you ended up doing for a fix and how it turned out. Thanks!

As others on here have said, their is more than meets the eye. You really need to clean out the inside of the frame. The "safeTcap" size will only be know when you take a hammer to the frame. Good luck, message me if you need help.

20170816_131226.jpg

20170817_133451.jpg

IMG-20170824-WA0013.jpeg

20170817_161519.jpg

Screenshot_20190330-130841.png

20180524_122855.jpg

20171226_170404.jpg

Reactions: Wildman
Yes, I drive her all the time. The SafeTCap fix worked out very well. My latest project is trying to get the engine/ignition noise from interfering with the CB radio.
Where in Indiana do you live. I’m just a few (like 8) miles from the border, right between Sturgis and Coldwater

Yes, I drive her all the time. The SafeTCap fix worked out very well. My latest project is trying to get the engine/ignition noise from interfering with the CB radio.
The noise you are getting sounds to me like a ground issue. Ground the CB directly to the battery with a jumper wire and see if the issue clears up

Hey Folks, I did not have bad rust on my jeep but I just cut out the bottom portion of the frame rail and installed the safety caps...bought from ebay....seems like a good product.
Hey. I've got my eye on a 4 piece set on ebay for center and rear trailing arm sections. How much did you spend? recommend a seller? The Safe T Cap and other brands are 4 times that money!?

pocano metal fab much
Hey. I've got my eye on a 4 piece set on ebay for center and rear trailing arm sections. How much did you spend? recommend a seller? The Safe T Cap and other brands are 4 times that money!?
pocano metal fab is Way less expensive than saftycap and just as good or better i have uses their center sections and their rear sections have had them for 2years and still as solid as when they were put on prep is the key cut away as instructions say sand all surfaces use a weld through primer weld part in paint