Anyone running a 2.5 inch lift with 33 inch tires? Pics and opinions wanted!

Mine has a 2" lift on 33" x 12.5" x 15" tires. No problem with rubbing but I'm not offroading it. One day I plan on a 2.5" suspension lift with 1.25" body lift.

Screenshot_20240411_202433_Gallery.jpg

I'm not running 33's yet. I have done a 2.5" spring lift with the Ruff Country springs and will be adding BMB's 1.25" body lift to move to 33" tires. You really need to think about the clearance like has been suggested if you're going to be doing any wheeling, other than Mall crawling.

You're usually better off by picking and choosing your own parts, based on some of the threads on this forum, instead of getting a "kit".
A recipe for an affordable but quality 2.5" lift

2" spring lift, 1.25" body lift, 33x10.5 tires (pizza cutters). Driving/handling is great, after replacing worn suspension & steering components with good quality parts.

View attachment 517577

Sharp looking rig. Do the 10,5a stay under the flares? Could you do 11,5s? Did you happen to replace control arms? I am trying to decide on brand. I’ll have the same lift setup as you in the end. Thanks.

^This. Before I did the lift, I installed all new control arms, and steering. The Trackbar, sway bar links, and shocks I knew were in the JKS kit, so I just used the Kit parts.

Curious what control arms you went with. I have the same JKS kit to install soon. Thanks.

Curious what control arms you went with. I have the same JKS kit to install soon. Thanks.

They are just stock style, stamped steel with the rubber bushings. The bushings in the originals were all dryrotting and cracking... no tears yet, but since I was there...

Sharp looking rig. Do the 10,5a stay under the flares? Could you do 11,5s? Did you happen to replace control arms? I am trying to decide on brand. I’ll have the same lift setup as you in the end. Thanks.

The 10.5" tires stay under the flares, just barely (tread covered, sidewalls out a little). And I think the LJ flares were a tiny bit wider than the non-LJ flares. I used OEM style control arms from Moog, which are great for a 2" lift. When I later installed a partial tummy tuck with an SYE and DC driveshaft, I replaced the rear upper CAs with Savvy adjustables.

Stick-Out_03.jpg

1" wheel spacer on the factory Ravines, 33x10.5 with only on a 2 1/2 in lift... no rub this stuffed on the driver rear front ramped up on a snow bank

IMG_3604.jpeg

Last edited:
The 10.5" tires stay under the flares, just barely (tread covered, sidewalls out a little). And I think the LJ flares were a tiny bit wider than the non-LJ flares. I used OEM style control arms from Moog, which are great for a 2" lift. When I later installed a partial tummy tuck with an SYE and DC driveshaft, I replaced the rear upper CAs with Savvy adjustables.

View attachment 523320

Thanks. I was looking at crown or MOOG. Sounds like the 10.5s are just the right fit then.

They are just stock style, stamped steel with the rubber bushings. The bushings in the originals were all dryrotting and cracking... no tears yet, but since I was there...

Thanks. That’s what i was thinking. Should do them for good measure at almost 200k. I am thinking Crown or MOOG.

Reactions: Artsifrtsi
Thanks. That’s what i was thinking. Should do them for good measure at almost 200k. I am thinking Crown or MOOG.

I got crown, only because they were on sale at the time, either should be good.

I also did the body lift at the same time, because the stock body bushings were starting to crumble.

I think 10.5 would be right at the edge or a little wider than stock flares. I have extra wide flares covering my 12.50s.

Thanks. My LJ has a bit wider stock flare but 33x10.5s might be the ticket.

BTW did you need to add any leveling to the JKS kit for the front end?