Anyone use BedRug carpet?

At last! Somebody with the sense to use BedTred. Carpet has no place in trucks and Jeeps - I've been planning on BedTred, but haven't seen anybody's installation of same. Thanx!
Sounds like you might be victim of the common misconception that BedRug is carpet.. it is NOT. It's polypropylene (think recycled milk jugs). I prefer the feel of it over the Tred that is rough on bare knees when in and out of the back for cargo.
I'm on my 3rd BR, the other 2 in pickups that get used. The original is in an '05 and should be replaced but has handled it all, grease, oil, copious amounts of my 100# dog's blood, full loads of firewood, Jeep parts, junk to the dump... it's still intact but wearing thin.

Reactions: Irun and Zorba
Sounds like you might be victim of the common misconception that BedRug is carpet.. it is NOT. It's polypropylene (think recycled milk jugs). I prefer the feel of it over the Tred that is rough on bare knees when in and out of the back for cargo.
I'm on my 3rd BR, the other 2 in pickups that get used. The original is in an '05 and should be replaced but has handled it all, grease, oil, copious amounts of my 100# dog's blood, full loads of firewood, Jeep parts, junk to the dump... it's still intact but wearing thin.
That's good to know at least... It still has a kind of carpet look though.

Reactions: PirataCoqui
I like that they don't absorb water, but what about the water that gets underneath? Seems like it'd be trapped and promote rust.
It's a one piece unit for the front and another for the rear and shouldn't allow any quantity of water underneath. If you know for certain there is copious amounts of water in there it's pretty easy to shop vac and/or remove the BR to dry the tub. Any flaws in the installation of a spray or roll in bedliner will trap water and contaminants permanently.

Reactions: srimes
That's good to know at least... It still has a kind of carpet look though.
..but with my limousine black TJUR, tinted windows, high-dollar tactical seat covers, Bluetooth, polished wheels, etc.. the classy carpet look is a must, protected by quality full floor mats. 😅.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba
I get why some don’t want the high end look of carpet in a Jeep, and that’s their preference. I wanted it after 5 years. I wanted it to be easier to clean too. The stock carpet was gross.

ACC may be a good choice for some, but I didn’t want carpet. BedRug is not carpet

Last edited:
Just wanted to add a little info for anyone considering Bedrug. My 97 TJ has sound deadening and carpet on the rocker panels and I tore it out not realizing that Bedrug kits do not contain rocker panel carpet. I ended up ordering replacement rocker panel carpet from ACC.
I agree, this is the one thing I wasn't expecting, I matted the rocker panels thinking that area would be concealed by the Bedtred and was surprised it didn't cover that area. Doesn't bother me much, but it was something that surprised me when I first installed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and NOTNSUV
That's the beauty of it. The looks of high end carpet, without the carpet drawbacks.
Carpet don't look right in a Jeep/truck. What I really want is a thick rubber mat - form fit. The bedtred seems to be the closest I can get to that.

Carpet don't look right in a Jeep/truck. What I really want is a thick rubber mat - form fit. The bedtred seems to be the closest I can get to that.
For the cargo area you could get one of those thick rubber mats from Home Depot or Lowe’s.

Reactions: Zorba
horse stall mat from tractor supply or the like. That's what the po put in the back of mine. Also how I replaced the carpet in my xj. Smelled like rubber for a bit (still better than musty carpet!) but after that cleared it was great.

I agree that truck trucks should have vinyl flooring.

Reactions: JMT and Zorba
Bedrug's claims of not staining are a bit optimistic. I have it in my Jeep and the bed of my truck. I have been very happy with it in the Jeep but as a bed liner it is not the best. I carried home my HP Dana 30 that was caked in grease. I tried power washing, scrubing, and several degreaersers but the stains are permanent. I also tossed a couple of brake rotors in the bed for a few days before taking a load to the garbage dump. They left circular rings of rust staining that can not be removed. It has also faded a bit after a few years of weather. As far as Jeep carpet goes it is great and easy to clean. However, it absolutely needs additional heat insulation to accompany it. My leg was cooking when I just had it installed by itself.

Bedrug's claims of not staining are a bit optimistic. I have it in my Jeep and the bed of my truck. I have been very happy with it in the Jeep but as a bed liner it is not the best. I carried home my HP Dana 30 that was caked in grease. I tried power washing, scrubing, and several degreaersers but the stains are permanent. I also tossed a couple of brake rotors in the bed for a few days before taking a load to the garbage dump. They left circular rings of rust staining that can not be removed. It has also faded a bit after a few years of weather. As far as Jeep carpet goes it is great and easy to clean. However, it absolutely needs additional heat insulation to accompany it. My leg was cooking when I just had it installed by itself.
Could you tell any difference between it and the OEM carpet for heat or noise reduction?

I stubbornly stayed with the stock carpet for 5 years. When I gave in I almost installed BedRug in front and BedTred in the rear, but with the option of WeatherTech Floor Liners throughout, and the ease of cleaning the BedRug, I went with BedRug throughout and am very pleased so far, which is all of 3 days. I’m sure the BedTred is fine too, but I would limit it to the rear.

View attachment 303455

View attachment 303456

View attachment 303457
Did you install any additional noise reduction or heat shield products/material under the Bedrug? If no, what's your initial impression vs. the OEM for heat/noise management? Better, worse or no real difference?

The current version comes with an adhesive radiant heat shield that you affix to the underside of the driver and passenger floor sections. I don’t know if that is a new addition to BedRug or how much it helps, but worth mentioning.

The staining you experienced is unfortunate. It’s one reason I tried to pre-empt that with the WeatherTech floor liners.

Reactions: Apparition and 06lj
Another option…

5D27C618-2A63-471D-82BD-FD68B397F266.jpeg

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,2005,wrangler,4.0l+l6,1430906,interior,flooring,1264

• Love
Reactions: Zorba and srimes
Did you install any additional noise reduction or heat shield products/material under the Bedrug? If no, what's your initial impression vs. the OEM for heat/noise management? Better, worse or no real difference?
I did not add any sound deadener even though I had 18sq ft on hand. There were personal reasons for that. There is an adhesive radiant heat barrier that you affix to the underside of the BedRug in the driver and passenger floor panel, so they did try to remedy heat transfer to some extent.

No real difference in heat/noise reduction, but that opinion has very little basis in experience. The BedRug and OEM carpet are about the same thickness. The BedRug is lighter weight, but I suspect that is due to the difference in material.

Reactions: DaveC
Could you tell any difference between it and the OEM carpet for heat or noise reduction?
I couldn't tell any difference in noise between the two. Heat wise the stock carpet was slightly better but not even close to the cheap Amazon roll insulation I installed with the bedrug. I can touch the drivers floorboards now and they are just a little warm.

Reactions: DaveC and JMT