Anyone using the Vijay tire carrier?

Pardon my French, but that thing looks like a gigantic Chinese piece of shit.

For one, it hangs so low that your departure angle is going to suck big time. For two, it probably weighs in excess of 120 lbs, so you're going to feel it in both your fuel economy and performance.

For three, these Chinese bumpers aren't powder coated, they are spray painted with cheap stuff that flakes off with little effort.

And finally, have you ever run a swing out tire carrier mounted to the bumper? I would strongly discourage one in and instead go with a tailgate mounted tire carrier like the MORryde / Exogate. While there are some bumper mounted tire carriers that work okay, I would say the majority of them present a number of issues that aren’t apparently obvious until you’ve used it for a while, until it finally dawns on you why so many of us recommend against them.

LMAO. Yes it does! MORyde looks good but I want the ability to carry two Jerry cans. I had a Wilderness on my last TJ that was pretty nice. I'll keep looking. Thanks.
Do you really need the Jerry cans? We wheel in pretty remote places too but a gas station has always been around. Jerry cans just add more weight

LMAO. Yes it does! MORyde looks good but I want the ability to carry two Jerry cans. I had a Wilderness on my last TJ that was pretty nice. I'll keep looking. Thanks.
I have the ARB rear bumper with tire and have had it for years, still holding up great and working the same the day I put it on. It is very well built.

Reactions: Saddle Tramp
I really dont recommend browsing for jeep parts on amazon. Threre is a ton of crap on there. You are better off narrowing down a specific product you want and then if you are trying to price shop you can search the specific product on amazon.

Anything on amazon with a really odd name is going to be questionable.

Do you really need the Jerry cans? We wheel in pretty remote places too but a gas station has always been around. Jerry cans just add more weight
I tow the Jeep behind my small motorhome out to the boonies and stay a week so I need the extra gas although I may not wheel with them. I can't think of another safe way to take gas.

Reactions: lowranger
I really dont recommend browsing for jeep parts on amazon. Threre is a ton of crap on there. You are better off narrowing down a specific product you want and then if you are trying to price shop you can search the specific product on amazon.

This is what I did to find my rear seat. I narrowed it down to the Bestop Trailmax with the head rest. I was trying to find the best price on the internet and looked at Amazon. They had one that was used for $80 and when it showed up it looked brand new.

Like my free Chinese shovel I got from Amazon.

It's called a "Annihilate Assassin" by ZuneLooToo.

The tagline under their company name reads, "You need a gear to go outdoor!"

Yes China can make good shit. No, none of their good shit involves Jeep bumpers, armor, tire carriers, etc.

That thing is 138 lbs even though it uses 5/32 inch steel. Other bumpers use 3/8 inch steel and are lighter. It doesn’t seem like a great design.

Then you'll be happy to know you don't have to haul it around.
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: J R