April is Limb Loss and Limb Difference Awareness Month

I worked at a factory where there were lots of missing fingers. Those were pre OSHA people.

One guy had a thumb pulled off roping a bull.

The best one was an old 80 year old guy who did consulting for us decommissioning power plants he helped build. He was missing a finger and I asked him how he lost it. Motorcycle accident .... a couple years ago. 😳 He had started riding again at 75 after his wife died. He would work 6 months and travel a country or continent for 6 months.

That was in 2001. It would not surprise me if he's still out riding around in some foreign country.

Watching the Wild Cow milking contest at the Ellensburg Rodeo in 1983 and the header roper got his thumb caught in the rope.

He dallied the rope and I seen something fly off his saddle. He calmly gets off his horse and reached down and picked it up off the ground. I was trying to figure out WHAT it was as he walked over to the ambulance right under where I was sitting. Then I see him pull his hand away from his stomach and is showing the paramedics his hand. The rope had cauterized the wound and it wasn't bleeding one bit. They put the thumb in a cooler and put him in the back of the ambulance and took him over to the hospital.

My science teacher in high school was a Vietnam Veteran and lost a finger. He had a wicked costume one year at Halloween with fake blood on that nub of a finger.
He's in my moms church so I have had some good talks with him over the years since I was shot and then after my amputation.

I'm around office workers now so it's all about carpal tunnel and back problems instead of scars and missing body parts.

I like going to the store and having kids ask me about my leg. Since COVID it's not the same. But it's fun talking to youngins.

1618703524674.png

Hope you don't mind me putting these here, @Wildman. I just thought you'd appreciate them...

View attachment 250139
View attachment 250140

I've seen the elephant one before. She stepped on a land mine if I remember correctly. It's pretty amazing what they can do now.

Kids who are born without a limb or limbs are amazing since they have no idea that they can't DO some things. My cousins son was born without a left hand and he tried prosthetics but it was YEARS ago and didn't like them. So he's gone his whole life without but you'd never know it

I've seen the elephant one before. She stepped on a land mine if I remember correctly. It's pretty amazing what they can do now.

Kids who are born without a limb or limbs are amazing since they have no idea that they can't DO some things. My cousins son was born without a left hand and he tried prosthetics but it was YEARS ago and didn't like them. So he's gone his whole life without but you'd never know it
There is no limit to the amount of admiration I have for folks who push to overcome things such as this. Child, adult, or pachyderm, my hat's off to them all...

This is the Casting System my prosthesis uses to cast my leg and IMO it is a great system.

1620295224636.png

Yesterday we showed you the Forrest Stump running blade that we made for Forrest Stump . Here's a photo of how the process started; with the casting system.

This is the Symphonie Aqua System. It uses hydrostatic pressure under your full weight-bearing load to map out the unique features of your stump. In the end, you'll have a more accurate and comfortable connection to your prosthesis.

1620295321688.png

Reactions: Squatch
This goes in here too. I might be wrong but I think they got the price on the leg is off a little. Shit my foot is $20K so his knee is that amount or more and his foot is $10K at a minimum.

1620320883833.png

• USA Proud
Reactions: Squatch