ARB Front Locker User Guide?

Beachhead

Supporting Member
So on my Jeep which I just purchased, it has a ARB air locker system on the front. It has a compressor installed in the engine bay, and a blue air line going into the front differential. I'm curious if anyone could provide instructions or a user guide on how this is supposed to be operated? I'm not sure if it's working, and I don't want to push these buttons in the wrong order, wrong gear, etc, and screw something up.

The Jeep is a 2000, and i'm fairly certain the ARB system was installed between 2000 and 2012, so it's not their most modern system. I have to switches on the dash, one for the locker, and one for the compressor. This is in an automatic.

Thanks.

If you can hear your your compressor coming on, and it should cycle off after 15 secs or so. Scotch the back tires, put it in neutral, jack up the front end and engage the locker and see if both front tires turn.

If you can hear your your compressor coming on, and it should cycle off after 15 secs or so. Scotch the back tires, put it in neutral, jack up the front end and engage the locker and see if both front tires turn.
All he needs to do is keep it in 2 wheel and jack up one front tire. If the locker and compressor are on and wheel can be spun, then something is broken.

Last edited:
So on my Jeep which I just purchased, it has a ARB air locker system on the front. It has a compressor installed in the engine bay, and a blue air line going into the front differential. I'm curious if anyone could provide instructions or a user guide on how this is supposed to be operated? I'm not sure if it's working, and I don't want to push these buttons in the wrong order, wrong gear, etc, and screw something up.

The Jeep is a 2000, and i'm fairly certain the ARB system was installed between 2000 and 2012, so it's not their most modern system. I have to switches on the dash, one for the locker, and one for the compressor. This is in an automatic.

Thanks.
Push the compressor button first you will hear the compressor come on, give it a few seconds and it should go off. Leave the compressor button pushed on and the push the locker button and this should engage the front locker. When using the front locker always keep the compressor button turned on. When you no longer need the locker turn the locker off first then the air compressor second. Having a front locker can come in very handy but it can also effect steering. Most guys only use the front locker to get over an obstical then turn them once you get throug. Also never use it on pavement.

what do you have in the rear for a locker?

Reactions: mrjp
Push the compressor button first you will hear the compressor come on, give it a few seconds and it should go off. Leave the compressor button pushed on and the push the locker button and this should engage the front locker. When using the front locker always keep the compressor button turned on. When you no longer need the locker turn the locker off first then the air compressor second. Having a front locker can come in very handy but it can also effect steering. Most guys only use the front locker to get over an obstical then turn them once you get throug. Also never use it on pavement.

what do you have in the rear for a locker?
Will try this next time I can get the Jeep up.

As far as I can tell there is no rear locker, it has "Trac-Lok Differential" on the build sheet so I guess just limited slip for the rear?