Are Diehard batteries any good?

thekidwithquestions

Acquiring Jeep funds...
Supporting Member
I'm gonna be getting a new battery soon and want to know if a diehard battery from advanced auto parts would be any good?
if not what are other good relatively cheap AGM batteries?

I used an orielly's ever start agm, lasted 5 years (damn near exactly). I think I paid just over $200 for it, not sure what their price is now

Interstate makes a good battery, with different price ranges. Same company that makes Interstate make Duralast Gold.

Buy your fluids, brake clean, misc. supplies from Autozone and score points (better deal than other parts stores), then get your $20 points bonus and apply it toward your battery. You need to be clever about the points, you get one for every twenty bucks spent but only one when you spend over twenty on the same receipt, make the system work for you. Duralast has different levels of batteries.

Just because it’s more expensive, it still doesn’t like to get slammed around off road, don’t overspend on standard lead batteries.

Last edited:
The Group 34 AGM Duracell (same as Deka Intimidator AGM, Napa AGM, O’Reilly AGM, and Autozone Duralast Playinum AGM) is $169 right now, and you can get it in single or dual terminals (34/78) at that price. It’s price has went up since I bought mine, but still reasonable.

I'm gonna be getting a new battery soon and want to know if a diehard battery from advanced auto parts would be any good?
They were a decent deal when you could use the coupons on them, but nearly all of them now exclude the diehard batteries.

Have one in my YJ that has been fine since 2017.

I put the Diehard from Advanced Auto in the wife's Bug last yr. And we had a really cold winter last yr, it did fine starting that little diesel..

Why absorbed glass mat (AGM) are you planning to be upside down. Just get the cheapest Lead-Acid with matching CCAs to your old batt. 3-5 years is all you'll get at any price today. Read about my 17 year old Optima Red batt still starting my Jeep. But that tech, is over new red tops last 4-5 years. I paid $160.00 New red top $225.00 not the same owners.