Are K02's still the go to tire?

You referring to imperial measurements?
Im sure all manufacturers run 0.5 smaller than what is stated.

Some might, others don’t. In my experience BFG are significantly overstated on their “size.” Your mileage may vary.

Replaced my 11 yr old BFG T/A KO with KO2s yesterday (2006 LJR, so LT 245/75-16). Got them from Discount Tire with a 10% Veteran discount. Had to wait a week for them. I got the guarantee as a 'Murphy' hedge, which works. I had the old tires forever and never had a flat. Had to get load range E, as the C is not available in my size. Run them at 29 psi (LJ with a hardtop) and they run great. If I want a soft and quiet ride, I take the Grand Cherokee. This is a Wrangler (i.e. JEEP, but it rides so much better than my old CJ-7! Smart guy said once, "Everything is relative."
Drive them mostly in the sand on Padre Island and some light off-road in the dirt; no rocks. Don't even air them down. Good tire.

Not true to size, can’t clear out for shit.

Replaced my 11 yr old BFG T/A KO with KO2s yesterday (2006 LJR, so LT 245/75-16). Got them from Discount Tire with a 10% Veteran discount. Had to wait a week for them. I got the guarantee as a 'Murphy' hedge, which works. I had the old tires forever and never had a flat. Had to get load range E, as the C is not available in my size. Run them at 29 psi (LJ with a hardtop) and they run great. If I want a soft and quiet ride, I take the Grand Cherokee. This is a Wrangler (i.e. JEEP, but it rides so much better than my old CJ-7! Smart guy said once, "Everything is relative."
Drive them mostly in the sand on Padre Island and some light off-road in the dirt; no rocks. Don't even air them down. Good tire.
I just put a new set on my 2500 this week, had to go a hair taller than OE due to supply chain issues impacting everything. Still made in the USA. Put on 285/65R20, took off 285/60R20 Firestone TransForce AT. A truly garbage tire.

4B16CD91-DF98-4166-B8E9-DF852F126A0C.jpeg

Just had them installed yesterday. Ordered them from Tire Rack in August. They were delivered November 3rd.

Reactions: AMS417
KO2's is what I went with for our mostly street-driven Jeep. Low road noise, aggresive enough tread for the occassional off-road run, and AVAILABLE.

KO2's is what I went with for our mostly street-driven Jeep. Low road noise, aggresive enough tread for the occassional off-road run, and AVAILABLE.
I ran them in 33" on my TJR. Pretty impressive off road for an AT tire. I miss the TJ, its was too pretty to beat the piss out of like I wanted to.

IMG_5878.JPG

Some might, others don’t. In my experience BFG are significantly overstated on their “size.” Your mileage may vary.
Is that a fact?
On all cars i have been on metric measurements tires, and they are true to what they state, with low % difference it terms of revolutions per distance.
Recently i have switched to 15" rim on a Jeep, and when searching for a tires, all brands i have (only brands i have looked at) looked at that are measured with imperial, such as 31, 32, 33, 35 ... they all are 0.5 smaller than what they state to be and their revolutions per distance also confirms that.

Thus i am asking you, because i have not look at all brands. I am also very familiar with how far Americans willing to bullshit just to not admit their mistake.

Reactions: g.hayduke
"Thus i am asking you, because i have not look at all brands. I am also very familiar with how far Americans willing to bullshit just to not admit their mistake."
I would not categorize this as a "mistake" ... Imperial tire dimensions are "nominal", not precise.

It's tires for god's sake, not heart valves.

• Haha
Reactions: PCO6 and Head Lice
So if I wanted anything less than 12.5 I'm pretty much stuck with the K02?

Amazon appears to have them in stock, at $240/tire. Obviously would still have to get them mounted and balanced, so yeah, not sure if that's worth it. And, you know, from Amazon.

I'm currently running General Grabber ATx. 30x9.5. I like the looks but they have been hell to get balanced.

FWIW I measured my 33x10.50 ko2’s when they were new and it was exactly 32.5 inches unmounted. Mounted they measure like 31.something. People get all worked up when their mounted tire doesn’t measure true to size and I have never been able to wrap my head around that. I have not seen any real evidence that bfg’s run smaller than their stated size.

I have about 25k miles on my KO2's. They are at 9/32 tread depth. I can't balance out a shimmy on 2 of them, so they stay in the rear. 33x10.50x15, btw.

I have about 25k miles on my KO2's. They are at 9/32 tread depth. I can't balance out a shimmy on 2 of them, so they stay in the rear. 33x10.50x15, btw.

I'm anticipating balance issues, since I've had that problem on 30's and I hear it gets worse the bigger you go. Planning on a set of Centramatic dynamic balancers to go with the new tires.

I'm anticipating balance issues, since I've had that problem on 30's and I hear it gets worse the bigger you go. Planning on a set of Centramatic dynamic balancers to go with the new tires.
I use a product called "Ride-On" in my Harley; haven't thought about using it on the car or Jeep, but it might be helpful for balance issues on large tires, as well as providing some leak protection.
https://www.ride-on.com/

FWIW I measured my 33x10.50 ko2’s when they were new and it was exactly 32.5 inches unmounted. Mounted they measure like 31.something. People get all worked up when their mounted tire doesn’t measure true to size and I have never been able to wrap my head around that. I have not seen any real evidence that bfg’s run smaller than their stated siz

Buy some beads, they work if you use the prescribed amount. Centramatic is good too, just spendy for essentially the same thing.

I have the older BFG A/T’s on the TJ, with only ~4,000 miles on them… still nearly new as far as tread depth, but they dry rotted and started cracking at 5 years old.

Just put MT Baja Boss M/T’s on the JT, and have been impressed so far… I’ll be putting them on the TJ as well (33x12.5x15 is the smallest in a 15 wheel size), and lifting the Jeep at the same time.