Arizona Rock Crawler

That was silly. Peoples perception of what kind of rig they need to do certain trails always amuses me. I’ve gotten that same remark many times

Years ago I was at the top of what I will call a tough medium trail. A guy asked me what size tires I had. I tell him 33s. He tells me I can't do this trail on 33s. I tell him I'm already up here on 33s!

IMG_2481.jpeg

Just about every time we loaned out a trailer, we’d have to rewire the plug once it came back. Literally got to the point my dad had the wiring schematic scratched onto it for easy reference.

I had the same problem with someone I couldn't avoid loaning the trailer to. I finally grew weary of fixing the trailer plug every single time I needed to use it and converted to the double ended male coily cord trailer connectors. Both the trailer and truck have the same female 7 way RV plug. The coily connector plugs into them. When I returned the trailer, I unplugged my coily connector and tossed it in the truck. Then I gave him the part number and where to buy one. Now you can drag your trailer plug on the ground as much as you like, mine is just fine.

I had the same problem with someone I couldn't avoid loaning the trailer to. I finally grew weary of fixing the trailer plug every single time I needed to use it and converted to the double ended male coily cord trailer connectors. Both the trailer and truck have the same female 7 way RV plug. The coily connector plugs into them. When I returned the trailer, I unplugged my coily connector and tossed it in the truck. Then I gave him the part number and where to buy one. Now you can drag your trailer plug on the ground as much as you like, mine is just fine.

We ended up selling that trailer to the guy and buying another that was not a loaner.

I do like this idea from a theft standpoint and may have to do that on my next trailer. No lights may help someone get pulled over if it were to get stolen.

Reactions: mrblaine and Tob
We ended up selling that trailer to the guy and buying another that was not a loaner.

I do like this idea from a theft standpoint and may have to do that on my next trailer. No lights may help someone get pulled over if it were to get stolen.

I did the same. Buy me out of my half and you keep it. I'll buy my own and figure out where to store it because I bought a trailer to use, not work on every single time I needed to use it. I had to rewire it completely once because he went brush hogging with it to pick up a little UK shitbox to work on. Mowing down 2 foot high bushes for a 1/4 mile will remove all of the crap wiring that trailer companies do.