Arizona Rock Crawler

The only wrenching I do nowadays…
50FCA0E0-1143-4FEA-A599-7B78AB8FDFB2.jpeg

I just found a 42rle for $30. Yeah, really $30, but I dont' see any harnesses. I need to figure out what all I need for this swap besides some of the obvious.
Damn....I thought I got a good deal at 400!

Including the rest of the parts I've picked up, I think I've spent about 1000 bucks. I have everything I need at this point...I think. I have everything I could identify as different between the auto and manual in the parts listing. We'll see once I get into it. I should be able to sell some stuff back off too.

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
Damn....I thought I got a good deal at 400!

Including the rest of the parts I've picked up, I think I've spent about 1000 bucks. I have everything I need at this point...I think. I have everything I could identify as different between the auto and manual in the parts listing. We'll see once I get into it. I should be able to sell some stuff back off too.
Upon further questioning the one I found came out of a Cherokee. 😒

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman and RINC
So... It's an aw4?
IDK. When I look at 2003 Grand Cherokee Auto Transmissions it lists a 42RE, not a 42RLE. YOu know what you deal with on FB marketplace. Adds that say "Jeep auto transmission 2003." No other information at all! 🙄

IDK. When I look at 2003 Grand Cherokee Auto Transmissions it lists a 42RE, not a 42RLE. YOu know what you deal with on FB marketplace. Adds that say "Jeep auto transmission 2003." No other information at all! 🙄
You said Cherokee earlier, so I assumed aw4. If it's a grand Cherokee, then yes, it could be the 42re

You said Cherokee earlier, so I assumed aw4. If it's a grand Cherokee, then yes, it could be the 42re
you know a lot more than me Mike. I gave up on the FB person because they were one of those who give one word responses and you just have to keep asking another question. Would a 42RE be compatible as a swap for one of our late model TJ's?