Arizona Rock Crawler

I can fix that, just toss on a hydroboost with a 1 1/8" master and you'll get all the touchy you ever wanted. From first pedal movement to full lock up is about 1.25" of pedal travel.
Nothing to fix except my expectations....... I didn't know what a quality braking system should feel like until I had one.
I thought my factory brakes were enough to stop my TJ on 35" tires until they weren't!
What's the saying "You don't know what you don't know until you know" ?

I had the same expectation. Thinking it would be very touchy. My first drive with them was almost disappointing. Once the break in is done they are amazing. Very easy to modulate.
Yeah, they are NOT touchy, in a good way. Basically only as much power is there as you need.

When I first got mine years ago I was expecting to just set my foot on the pedal and immediately go flying through the windshield (that’s the impression I got from everyone else about how powerful they were). Don’t know why I pretended to want that but the actual results were perfect especially once broken in.

Reactions: starkey480
When doing a full brake bleed last week I could not get all the air out of the brakes. It took me a lot of pumps to get what seemed like most of the air out. I was not satisfied with the pedal responsiveness. To fix this I ordered Blaine’s shuttle valve lockout tool. I just did a full bleed again with it and wow was that easier. Got a couple little bubbles out on the first pump of a few corners, but after the first pump the fluid came out like glass. The pedal now feels noticeably more responsive.
Here’s the tool. It locks the shuttle valve in place to keep the flow equal between the front and the rear circuits while you do your bleed.
DCCA40B2-4466-4BB4-B476-504C4E7E446F.jpeg

Just unplug the connector right under the master cylinder and unscrew the plunger switch.
866021A5-23C8-4230-9AF1-0123284DB8FD.jpeg

FD382E9B-DF4B-4B93-A1F0-B70D4858088F.jpeg

Here’s the exposed hole with my shuttle valve stuck sideways. You can see the indent isn’t centered in the hole. Mine gets stuck off center every pump of a manual bleed. Pump the brake pedal a couple of times until the indent is centered with the hole. This is also indicated on the dash with the key turned on. If the brake light is on, the valve is off center. If the brake light is off, the valve is centered. Be sure your parking brake is off, or that will illuminate the light.
22BAE8AA-4C26-4575-A507-9815C847E284.jpeg

Screw the lockout tool in by hand and do the manual bleed as you always would.
3EFDF6BE-AAF8-4108-917E-A0D888857B9A.jpeg