Arizona Rock Crawler

I wanted to like brown dog motor mounts. I originally got them because they are made locally in my hometown. Nice people. The bushings suck. This bushing was sagging exactly like this a few weeks ago. I picked up a new bushing from them for a few bucks and it is already badly sagging. My idle vibes are worse than I would like so it’s time to fix it.
View attachment 343171

View attachment 343170
They weren’t kidding when they call these ultra flex bushings. They are so flimsy and fell right out of the mount.
View attachment 343173
I am swapping these out for some mopar motor mounts and a rough country 1” motor mount lift. The RC lift was the cheapest and fastest delivery. The blocks are aluminum like others and the fasteners seem fine. It will do the job.
View attachment 343176

View attachment 343177

Where did you order the Mopar mounts from?

my trail mirrors go ballistic at a standstill idle. anybody got an opinion of the Currie motor mounts? the fact i don't see them ever recommended bothers me.

when i did the body mount lift i ditched the daystar mounts for OE rubbers but the nose and the tail still sit on them. this helped but i think it could be better. i don't think there is any reason to put blame on the trans mount, it's a Savvy skid mount, but those are good rubber.

i don't think there is any reason to put blame on the trans mount, it's a Savvy skid mount, but those are good rubber.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but after installing two Savvy skids I've had a noticeable increase of vibrations at idle in both cases.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but after installing two Savvy skids I've had a noticeable increase of vibrations at idle in both cases.

IDK then............ for me, the Savvy skid was an improvement over my cross member that had bushings at the ends close to the frame rails. while i find the Savvy bushings a tad stiffer than the stock trans mount rubber, it's no worse a conductor than an OE control arm or MM with the clevite like compound.

Reactions: Irun
my trail mirrors go ballistic at a standstill idle. anybody got an opinion of the Currie motor mounts? the fact i don't see them ever recommended bothers me.

when i did the body mount lift i ditched the daystar mounts for OE rubbers but the nose and the tail still sit on them. this helped but i think it could be better. i don't think there is any reason to put blame on the trans mount, it's a Savvy skid mount, but those are good rubber.

The Currie motor mounts are poly I believe which is why no one recommends them. There’s no better feeling than oem rubber MM and trans mount paired together. I don’t know anything about the savvy mounts though…

The Jeep is ridiculously nice to drive on the road now. Its almost eery how quiet and smooth it feels right now. It’s funny to hit a pothole with the front wheels and not feel it with the new shocks up there and then when the rear end goes over it, it sucks. I can’t wait to get the rear shocks in.

The Currie motor mounts are poly I believe which is why no one recommends them. There’s no better feeling than oem rubber MM and trans mount paired together. I don’t know anything about the savvy mounts though…

Savvy trans mount uses two of the rubber Cleavite bushings from JK control arms.

You have to check the right side motor mount and make sure the cast engine side version isn't making contact with the frame side horn.
This seems like a little known step in installing a motor mount lift. Mine would have been touching big time without trimming.

Reactions: Irun
This seems like a little known step in installing a motor mount lift. Mine would have been touching big time without trimming.

Trimming there is old news. The RC aluminum 1” MML spacer has worked well for us on the White Sport. It’s been snug for over a year now. I’ve almost gone back to Mopar and the RC block a number of times on my own rig, but keep holding on the the Brown Dog’s. 😏 Other issues are holding me up now, one of which is wheels and tire balance. The other is stereo issues. All on order, just taking time to get here…

Trimming there is old news. The RC aluminum 1” MML spacer has worked well for us on the White Sport. It’s been snug for over a year now. I’ve almost gone back to Mopar and the RC block a number of times on my own rig, but keep holding on the the Brown Dog’s. 😏 Other issues are holding me up now, one of which is wheels and tire balance. The other is stereo issues. All on order, just taking time to get here…

Those issues are familiar to me lol. I really had no complaints with the brown dog until I did my auto swap. The autos are way pickier about their mounts.

Those issues are familiar to me lol. I really had no complaints with the brown dog until I did my auto swap. The autos are way pickier about their mounts.

That’s good to know. Maybe I’ll just stick with them. The rubber is still good in my manual. No need to disrupt things if there won’t be much change. I want to get my tires balanced again. Not happy with them at all, but new wheels coming mid August (🤞) so I’ll wait. Glad you found a tire guy. They are hard to find. FWIW, my MTR’s had issues as the miles climbed. Nobody could balance them. 🙄

Last edited:
That’s good to know. Maybe I’ll just stick with them. The rubber is still good in my manual. No need to disrupt things if there won’t be much change. I want to get my tires balanced again. Not happy with them at all, but new wheels coming mid August (🤞) so I’ll wait. Glad you found a tire guy. They are hard to find. FWIW, my MTR’s has issues as the miles climbed. Nobody could balance them. 🙄
Yeah, none of mine are both round and true. It’s one or the other.
Me: “idk why my tires won’t balance!”

Also me: well….

CC16674D-6E05-4EC9-BAF2-EF33EB6227AC.jpeg