Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Got some decent shape oem black hinges off eBay. I tried straightening my old ones but they were pretty messed up, I couldn’t get my door to close smoothly at all. Worth the $30. I don’t think the black looks too bad either. I’m thinking about running the Phillips bolts in place of all the countersunk torx bolts just for a fun aesthetic change too
D3FD46BD-77D9-4A8D-B6DC-9F2405BC12D1.jpeg

Got some decent shape oem black hinges off eBay. I tried straightening my old ones but they were pretty messed up, I couldn’t get my door to close smoothly at all. Worth the $30. I don’t think the black looks too bad either. I’m thinking about running the Phillips bolts in place of all the countersunk torx bolts just for a fun aesthetic change tooView attachment 258322
Davey’s jeeps may have the color you want.

I’ve had my control arms for less than a year and the Johnny joints are creaking already. Sounds like Currie doesn’t use the best grease in them so I will be working on disassembling them and greasing them with some CV2 over the next week.
1601F3F3-42C0-4019-BE10-FB427459B8CB.jpeg

For those wondering about disassembling Johnny joints, instead of buying their tool that is size specific for each joint size, I just used my harbor freight press and some sockets which was super easy and the same price as one JJ tool.
You can go much cheaper if you want with all thread, washers and a few nuts! Having used both the tool is nice, but not really worth the price tag.

Got my savvy bumper corners on today. Grind the corner of the bumper down a little bit and you can get them to sit right.
2AD2246B-F508-4CD8-B4BA-FB81579AE45E.jpeg

My passenger side fit pretty nice.
BF628B63-6447-4740-8774-73D66D5F9283.jpeg

My driver side bumper had a pretty good sized dent in it which made lining up the corner much more difficult. A little help from the impact wrench got it acceptable but not perfect. This bumper was designed to be run with these corner guards on so don’t skip on them if you buy the savvy bumper and wheel in big rocks.
2AB54A9E-E5F6-46D3-A38E-FA6D9E045D69.jpeg

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Reactions: Farmergreg and RINC
This is what my JJs looked like. Bone dry. I got all 4 lowers disassembled and greased and put back on and the Jeep is so much more enjoyable to drive. Sound really impacts feel. Will chip away at the uppers one at a time over the next few daysView attachment 259865
View attachment 259866
Mine were pretty similar, bone dry and looked like they had never seen grease. Mine were on for under 10 months before I had to deal with them.

Reactions: starkey480