B&M auto shifter 81187

Just installed mine today. My oem plastic and gear indicator was broken and cracked so instead of spending ridiculous amount of money to replace the oem stuff I went with the B&M shifter.

A9431A76-EF21-4F26-A182-355532DFAA28.jpeg

99621DF4-250E-4F15-A1D6-4511A12AEDB3.jpeg

F07E4AFD-EB3E-490C-9B85-81F6BD6AD481.jpeg

Reactions: lBasket
I just installed this shifter this weekend...I didn't have to do anything (extra) with my reverse lights to get them to work.

I will say, a couple other things that help with the install...1) need to drop the from driveshaft 2) need to drop the transmission cross member, or in my case, I have the poison spyder belly pan with built in transmission support. That thing weighs a ton! I=

I do like the shifter...very very solid!

Wondering if you also disconnected the park interlock cable at the ignition tumbler or just at the shifter location?

Q: What did you do with shift Interlock cable?
Purchased this lever, mostly for aesthetic reasons to go with my Rubicrawler levers and Tuffy console. Since my transmission and everything is currently out. Staring at interlock cable right now. Just not worry about it?

Q: What did you do with shift Interlock cable?
Purchased this lever, mostly for aesthetic reasons to go with my Rubicrawler levers and Tuffy console. Since my transmission and everything is currently out. Staring at interlock cable right now. Just not worry about it?

He mentioned the interlock cable on the first page. It looks like you don't use it.

Post in thread 'B&M auto shifter 81187' https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/b-m-auto-shifter-81187.58893/post-1044586

But I'd go to the website and read the instalation instructions. He commented on that also. Said that the online instructions are in color where the ones in the kit are b&w.

Reactions: RINC
Yeah, I read that. And instructions mention disconnecting it. And nothing else. I was just wondering if I can safely remove it completely, or need to stuff it somewhere.
Kinda bummed this feature is removed, would be helpful for my kid if he drives LJ.

Reactions: Wildman
Yeah, I read that. And instructions mention disconnecting it. And nothing else. I was just wondering if I can safely remove it completely, or need to stuff it somewhere.
Kinda bummed this feature is removed, would be helpful for my kid if he drives LJ.

Yep, I removed it completely. I assume you can leave it in there disconnected but that didnt make much sense to me.

Reactions: Wildman
I thought I’d share some pics of this, as I hadn’t seen any pics/reviews of it yet.

Background: this is my fourth CJ/Wrangler but my first automatic. Although the auto is well worth it for both city traffic and my wife’s bum knee, I kinda miss the manual shifting. To try and scratch the customize itch and fix the annoying issue where the stock handle popped off constantly, I got the B&M Magnum Pro Stick shifter part number 81187.

Install was smooth enough and I love both the look and the feel. Completely unnecessary, but hey…oh well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 303556

View attachment 303557

View attachment 303558

View attachment 303560

View attachment 303561

I'm doing the same install what did u do with the other Grey cable ?? 🤔 thanks

Hi, I just joined this forum to ask a question about this shifter - I don't actually have a TJ (I used to...) but I currently have a 98 XJ and I'm thinking of installing this shifter. I realize that it is only listed to work in 96 and below XJ's, but I'm sure I could make it work. My question is on the gear indicator window - have you had any issues with it not working correctly? There's a review on Amazon that claims the indicator is not accurate as far as what gear your in and that this is a design flaw that B&M is aware of. Not too concerned about myself, but if my wife drives the Jeep... ;)
Just curious if anyone has had any issues with this? Thanks!

Greg W.