Ball Joint Delete Coming Soon to TJ

mattcogdell

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
From what I’ve been following online the JK kit was just completed and now the TJ/LJ kit is in the works.

What will the advantages/ disadvantages be? I’d like to hear your take on this @mrblaine.

Is anyone considering this?

I generally don’t trust people who take vertical video.
He's right you know....

I follow the balljoint delete group on Facebook. He seems like a good business owner and and the JK stuff is based off of his experience with Dana 60. It appears to be superior to traditional balljoints in about every manner. He didn't do any math or serious testing but i haven't heard any negative stuff about them yet. The spherical joints are Off-the-shelf also so you're not married to his company for replacement parts which is cool (cough dynatrac).

Please tell me this guy did a Gale Banks patent first! And please tell me they are available for my superdutys! God Im sick of replacing ball joints.
Edit: I also ran a new solid steel bushing for my `81 Cutlass. Back halfed track car. After Katrina we did a 7-3 motor and trani in it with the same 514 geras and the stock a arms worked fine with the solid bushings. I like new shit but does it work?

Would this eliminate the need for the ball joint press and chrysler adapter?

If so, that's ~$200 in tools that you're saving (if you don't already own them).

Would this eliminate the need for the ball joint press and chrysler adapter?

If so, that's ~$200 in tools that you're saving (if you don't already own them).
You still have to press the cups in but just the one time. Future replacments don't need a press. You can borrow the press from autozone or wherever.

You still have to press the cups in but just the one time. Future replacments don't need a press. You can borrow the press from autozone or wherever.

That might make it worth it for me since I don't own the press yet. And it would save the hassle of having to press on replacements every time they go bad.

Reactions: HYRYSC
While I bought a set for my JK axles going in my TJ, rebuild kits are about the same cost as a new set of ball joints. Meanwhile a good ball joint press and adapter set is a good tool to have.

Reactions: SvtLdr