Banking on Bitcoin

Pulsechain mainnet went live a few hours ago, Ethereum blockchain snapshot was taken on 10th May (block height 17232999)0, any ERC20 tokens you had in a noncustodial wallet would have been copied across to Pulsechain, you will just need to input the RPC details.

Network Name:
PulseChain

New RPC URL:
https://rpc.pulsechain.com

Chain ID:

Currency Symbol:
PLS

Block Explorer:
https://scan.pulsechain.com

SEC approves first spot bitcoin ETFs

The top American securities regulator granted permission on Wednesday to sponsors of 10 ETFs, ranging from established players such as Fidelity and Invesco to digitally focused newcomers including Grayscale and Ark Invest.The first funds — which hold assets such as mutual funds, but trade on exchanges like stocks and enjoy special tax treatment in the US — are expected to start trading as soon as Thursday morning, when BlackRock will ring the opening bell at Nasdaq to promote its iShares Bitcoin Trust.

Reactions: Daryl
I've ridden the Greyscale Bitcoin trust up in this recent run..... My guess is a 50% retrace and then on to 100K once the fiscal reality of the new Administration sets in combined with Wall Street acceptance. I also think the retail investor will see and ETF or 12 approved by year end which should keep it moving forward.
You where are cycle early with this 2021 post but pretty much spot on with this prediction, do you think btc will hit 100k now that spot ETF's are approved?
guess there will be some sell the news on this but we have the next Havlening in April, ,
100k is a nice round figure but barley 2x from the last all time high, I have altcoins which have 2x'ed in the last 24 hours, but alts can still lose their value just as quickly,

Stuff going on over on Solana is nuts, Bonk was airdropped to people for free a lot of those airdrops are worth well over 70 thousand bucks, would'nt touch it with a bargepole myself. but I would rather be rich than right. :LOL:

Last edited:
You where are cycle early with this 2021 post but pretty much spot on with this prediction, do you think btc will hit 100k now that spot ETF's are approved?
guess there will be some sell the news on this but we have the next Havlening in April, ,
100k is a nice round figure but barley 2x from the last all time high, I have altcoins which have 2x'ed in the last 24 hours, but alts can still lose their value just as quickly,

Stuff going on over on Solana is nuts, Bonk was airdropped to people for free a lot of those airdrops are worth well over 70 thousand bucks, would'nt touch it with a bargepole myself. but I would rather be rich than right. :LOL:

I don't have much of a feel for it this time. "The Street" is openly involved in this and it will be going into everyday people's portfolios. I had a good feeling the SEC would approve the ETF's and first read that it would be toward the end of the year back in July. This is the "buy the rumor, sell the news" play.

I do think the demand will jump big time in the next several weeks but I also expect the ones who've anticipated this to sell into the storm. If this runs like a lot of IPO's you might see lower levels than today in 6-8 weeks as the traders take their profits.

To your point directly.... I believe this will lessen the volatility of btc as it becomes more widely held by smaller investors. Still more volatile than equities but not like what we've seen in this market in the past. It will be interesting to see if the the major institutions jump in... or if it's just the retail investors. Could be a double from here but my guess it isn't a straight line to there. Sitting at $46.5K at this writing.

I believe this will lessen the volatility of btc as it becomes more widely held by smaller investors.

I need to read some prospectuses, but if it's trying to track 1:1 there's a huge supply problem afoot. 70% of BTC isn't actively traded, HODLers are like a religion. Not to mention the supply that's not mined yet.

But that to say, I'm not sure how it could lessen the volatility (at least for the short term).

I need to read some prospectuses, but if it's trying to track 1:1 there's a huge supply problem afoot. 70% of BTC isn't actively traded, HODLers are like a religion. Not to mention the supply that's not mined yet.

But that to say, I'm not sure how it could lessen the volatility (at least for the short term).

In the short term you could be very right. Supply will come on line... it will have to when Blackrock, Invesco and the others start the ETF's. Over time I think it will get less volatile as it's supply grows. Like anything else in demand as supply rises access is wider and price swings are narrower. I don't see this is being unique.

Should be a fun month or two....

That 70% of dormant wallets are pretty much burnt, most of them are coins satoshi pre-minded who is likley dead and the rest are likley lost keys where crappy hard drives failed or dead users. Most of a bitcoin whales claiming to be these religious hodlers have been dumping their tokens and taking profit.

SOL is a sham, the subsidies to keep fees down make the economics unsustainable. But may as well take what you can and get out before it comes down.

Its just a lot of the Depin and iot projects have moved over there chasing volume and low gas fees despite all the VC dumping SOL on the market. The Solana phone nobody wanted last year has now turned into gold dust.

So far the ETF's have had little effect on the overall price.

Well there will be people selling the news now but the BTC price has been going up for the last 12 weeks because of the ETF's , btc pricew as $26k in october, thursday night it reach $48k. my altcoins and stuff im mining have 2x in value between wednesday and thursday.

Well there will be people selling the news now but the BTC price has been going up for the last 12 weeks because of the ETF's , btc pricew as $26k in october, thursday night it reach $48k. my altcoins and stuff im mining have 2x in value between wednesday and thursday.

I also believe that the several ETF's that area now "converting" from futures to actual coin are doing it slowly.

Reactions: Reign Mack
I also believe that the several ETF's that area now "converting" from futures to actual coin are doing it slowly.

yeah thats very true, that process will take time and will look like a sell off, Not expecting the price to go parabolic, plus there will be selling pressure between 50 and 60 too, lot of people brought the top during the last cycle in 2021 are waiting to break even.

Lot o big players stock piling this worthless internet money! Satoshi is probably dead so those coins shouldn't count as in circulation, US government seized most of theirs from Ross Ulbritch who was runnig Silk Road, he gave up his keys for a reduced sentence... Ross is currently doing life in prison without possibility of parole, dont be like Ross.
1705682451078.png