Basket's Build

Well, The ZJ rod is about 7/8-1" in diameter. Currectlync is about 1.5" diameter. Also, on a currectlync, the tie rod to drag link connection is a dead giveaway...

View attachment 506881

Plus, there isn't a sleeve on the Drivers side of the currectlync, and there is on the ZJ steering

View attachment 506882

ZJ stuff

View attachment 506883

Interesting mine does not have that sleeve. Looks like the correctlync on their website too.

IMG_20240305_081502.jpg

Lighter for scale all my measuring tapes are outside

Reactions: reddvltj
Ok whew thank goodness. I also don't know what drag link I have. It says it doesn't work with the OEM drag link on their website but I've been using it for a while now so whatever lol

Sorry, my memory was foggy on that. Those TREs were fucked when I got it though, so probably worth a refresh when you can get them out!

Reactions: lBasket
Sorry, my memory was foggy on that. Those TREs were fucked when I got it though, so probably worth a refresh when you can get them out!

Yeah lol I was unable to get them out when you first gave it to me. IDK what changed but I got them out and they're really, really bad now lol. I've had a lot of slop with the wheels centered lately that I hope is caused by them

Busy weekend. Didn't take any pics cos it more or less looks the same. But I finished up the rewiring of the camper and it's all back together, finally. I also added in an inverter so I have outlets that run off the battery.

Hopefully taking it out next weekend for the final tester.

New ends added to the correctlync and re-aligned. man this thing hasn't driven this well in a long time this was wayyyy overdue.

Also... I'm about to start shopping for a trailer if anyone has any tips of what to look for.

Also looking for recommendations for some kind of tongue lock/security donger

Also... I'm about to start shopping for a trailer if anyone has any tips of what to look for.

16' minimum length but I wouldn't go longer than 18' if you're only getting it to haul the Jeep & MR2 with. My 14' trailer is nice but I'd wished I'd gone a little longer.

Video isn't loading right now. But. Air compressor is alive and working. I think the China special regulator I got is broken, but it's going. It also is leaking. What's everyone's favorite thread sealant? Whatever I bought clearly doesn't work very well

What sealant did you use?

16' minimum length but I wouldn't go longer than 18' if you're only getting it to haul the Jeep & MR2 with. My 14' trailer is nice but I'd wished I'd gone a little longer.

Perfect this is one of the things I was wondering about. I don't want longer than I need and yeah both my towables are fairly small. Thanks Rick

I’m a fan of aluminum trailers. Mine had a wood deck though which kept cost down at the expense of weight.

@NashvilleTJ is the expert on trailer security

I’m a fan of aluminum trailers. Mine had a wood deck though which kept cost down at the expense of weight.

@NashvilleTJ is the expert on trailer security

I like aluminum too but I don't like the $$$$$ that goes with them. My 14' steel trailer with wood deck weights 1600lbs. And Irun was saying his aluminum trail is under 1100lbs for a comparison. Both can have a gross combined cargo weight of 7000lbs.